Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Microwave oven conversion charts

I went all out tonight. We had microwave TV dinners for supper! It's just too hot to cook and going out to eat is getting too pricey. So we hit Wal-Mart and picked up a pile of those $2.50 Marie Calander's TV dinners. We've had them before and they are pretty decent. I had the fried chicken with mashed taters & gravy (). David picked up a couple of Hungry Man dinners but he wasn't too happy with his dinner tonight. It cost more to buy the dinners but we have been paying $21 and change for two chinese buffet dinners (they have seafood). I bought a weeks worth of dinners (and a few $1 lunches) for around $47.

When I went to cook my dinner, I discovered the directions were for a 1100 watt micro. My micro is 1000W. Had to relocate the conversion charts (left mine with my daughter). So if any of you need a conversion chart for any reason (old micro recipes cooked at lower temps, etc), this is a good site. I like to copy and print out a hard copy. Double check the times. I know we caught a typo in the "1100 watt to 1000 watt" chart (minutes were off for one time). Also the recipes on this site are decent. It is to sell a recipe book. So you can expect that the recipes on the site are mostly "teasers" for the book. But lots of good info on micro cooking.
http://www.microwavecookingforone.co...rtSpecial.html

https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote