Old 05-17-2014, 09:13 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1987
Coachwork: thomas
Chassis: international
Re: Moving back North

[quote="Malkieri"]Well it has become official, we are moving back to Maine in a couple of weeks. We have been in Dallas for 6 years and just never managed to fit in here, so we are vacating before the HEAT returns. We sold our bus last week but it went to a nice gentleman who is planning to move the contents of his 1977 gasser over to it and make it his new mobile toolbox/shop. I am not sure if/when we will have the opportunity to get another bus, but we will be looking to buy a house up there and so we should have room for it. We didn't want to sell our bus but it was not large enough for all of our stuff and we don't have extra driver for it. I was surprised how sad I felt watching her drive away with someone else behind the wheel. I lurked here for a very long time before buying the bus and will continue to be around moving forward. We will keep y'all updated on our location as we are looking to be near Sebago Lake and may have space for someone to come park a bus for a week or 2 to enjoy Maine. The spring through summer and into fall are spectacular. [/quot

welcome to maine , winters are good to, long but ok.i live near sebago. been here all my life,
junk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:48 AM   #12
Mini-Skoolie

but leave the accent in texas if you ever come here,its kind of insulting
Old 05-24-2014, 12:44 PM   #13
Skoolie

Maine is a nice state. The views are great. I stay there for about 2 weeks a year, one near the coast, and one in Rangeley or around the lakes region. Cost a ton though for 7 people, Last year I paid 1600 for 6 nights at a cottage in York, and I pay about 800 for a weeks accommodations in Rangeley. Im gonna save alot with my skoolie...

Also, its not as cold as most people think in the winter.
jmar896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:10 PM   #14
Bus Nut

Well we have been here for a couple months now and have really enjoyed being back home. We are in Bridgton for another week or 2, we got a great deal on a beautiful little vacation rental. We got the time between ski season at Shawnee peak and summer season on Moose Pond. We may take the canoe out on the pond this week if we can find a few minutes. We are buying a house in Waterboro, and should be closing in the next 2 weeks.
As to the accent, I never picked up the Texas accent, so I got nothing to leave there.
Malkieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:51 PM   #15
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmar896
Maine is a nice state. The views are great. I stay there for about 2 weeks a year, one near the coast, and one in Rangeley or around the lakes region. Cost a ton though for 7 people, Last year I paid 1600 for 6 nights at a cottage in York, and I pay about 800 for a weeks accommodations in Rangeley. Im gonna save alot with my skoolie...

Also, its not as cold as most people think in the winter.
hi, iam glad you like it.rangeley s 40 miles south of us,i have the view of the lake on a good day,winters are not as bad if your prepared with plenty of projects.this was a long winter with temp at 45-50 below