Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2018, 11:17 PM   #1
Almost There

MPG gas 4 window what's realistic? Need vehicle soon

Hi everyone,

I know a diesel would be best, but I can't work on cars much and the loud diesel sound gets to me. Getting a gas van style bus would be better as far as mechanics and parts I think, not sure still.

I have been saving up for a bus or van so much.
I need to move again and want out of the apartment and the debit.
So this has to happen soon. I look and look and learn but still don't know.
I need to get something soon. Really soon. It is too much stress. I nixed the old small RV idea again. A bus for $3500 - $5000 is all I can afford really unless I get a small loan for a van up to $10k that I do not want to do.

Sorry so long and round about.
I think a 4 window is perfect for me.

I assume Gas will be better too.
Either I get a 4 window gas or a cargo van/ extended passenger van ( i'll remove the seats)
I have been looking up mpg on both.

I was looking up stats on fuelly? not sure if it is reliable site..

Some cargo vans, like and
04 or '06 1500 savannah or E 1500 chevy express can get 12 - 15MPG
An extended van, high top or 350 gets like 11 , 12

What would I expect from a 4 window gas bus like this?
2005 GMC SAVANA 3500 6.0L
2001 gmc 3500 5.7L vortec gas (350 small block
2002 Chevy

If I found a mini bus 4 window diesel what kind of MPG?

Is the MPG of Gas vs Diesel a lot different when it is a small bus. I don't intend to build it heavy.

thanks, I could really use some guidance as I am having issues with living on my income. For a long time. I'm done. I am tired and trying to rebuild my life after sickness and divorce left me broke.
Traveling helps me recover so much.

I did a lot of traveling last year, my whole life, and want to become minimalist. Not have an apartment or house to maintain. I have been downsizing and will get rid of everything but what is dear to me and what I need,
camping, kitchen, music equip, craft supplies. you get the picture.
trying to come up with a plan before September.

As many of us are stuck in a working rat race and love to travel we find it hard to be an artist, explorer and pay for what it costs a person to live simply in the crowded planet we are on.

I am in the cheapest nice apartment I could get with my income and crappy credit the ex man messed me up.
after being on my sons couch and at a friends to re start my life I can't make it on my own with all these bills. I need to be free for now, a year or so?

after I pay for apt, insurance, car payment, elect, etc I am fried.

Do not like where I live, can't afford it , heck I can barely afford a house/apt share situation and keeping my car up.

I want to live in my vehicle and start a new life.

So yeah
any help or guidance I have been looking in NY, CT, NJ,MA, VT, NH I can register here in VT.

I know less rusty buses and vans are in the south and can go there for one if I knew it was a good sure thing.
Thanks friends,

802trees is offline   Reply With Quote