Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2012, 11:36 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

My Blog

Everyone my family and I are leaving May of 2013 to begin fulltiming. We are starting in a class c or a but the dream is a skoolie or a coach. Check it out......comments and questions are greatly appreciated!

http://www.alterfamily.weebly.com

nate1191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Re: My Blog

In your blog, you say you plan on selling candles to other RVers. You will not be allowed to sell ANYTHING in a park, not public or private. You have to collect and file sales taxes in every state you sell in.

You might want to check out Southern Cross (you would apply for survey tech / traveler survey tech). They do gas pipeline surveys.You would have to travel to someplace to train (I think it's in GA). Go here and read ALL the posts on this company before applying. It takes a while for the paper work to go thru so you would want to apply NOW. This is a move around job. You would not be sitting in one place for months on end (like we are).

I got a job with Home Depot. I figure we will be here 2 years before I transfer to another store in another state. The food cart will go with us. In another state, we most likely will not be selling food. We will be adding non-food stuff to sell on the cart. Food vending is becoming almost impossible to do and I feel it will get worse.

Another thing... get a passport as soon as you can. Come January, the Real ID Act goes into effect. The passport will solve a lot of ID problems. Get your mailforwarding company thur Escapees in TX as soon as you can. You need to have stuff (bills, insurance, etc) with your address on it. Carry your Marriage license, birth certificates ("official" copies from the issuing state are the only acceptable documents)... get multiples and place one set in water proof packet (all ours got wet) along with fireproof/waterproof document safe. Trust me on the identity crap. We just when thru a pile of garbage to title/tag the jeep and dr license for me in NM as resident (how can I have utility bills when all our utilities are included in our site rental???). Rainbow Drive Livingston Tx addy is legally acceptable for all correspondence (taxes etc) due to Escapees hard work. Also you can still vote with their address. TX also has no state income taxes. You still have to file income tax on income you earned in each state (in each state) but no for TX (if you get in with Southern Cross, with a TX address, I think you would not have any state taxes taken out... I think not sure). En route to our next location in a couple of years, we will be stopping in Livingston for a week or so to flip everything into TX domicile. But that won't be for another two years. It will just make our nomadic lives easier.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

eacapees is excellent...but not every state requires sales tax....oregon doesnt for sure...
Old 04-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by chev49
eacapees is excellent...but not every state requires sales tax....oregon doesnt for sure...
Okay....how's this....
You will have to remit collect & remit sales tax in every state that has it. NC was a pain to figure and remit. We had county and state sales taxes and an odd form. NM is easier. So was TX... except for the $500 they got from us because were were "transcients".
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote