Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
Bus Geek

my new house....maybe

i just bought my first house about 6 months ago. it was a project. now it's nearly completed. I put a roof on it, flooring in it, and remodeled every single room...currently finishing the last room which is the kitchen. anyhow.....

i should be squandering my hard earned dollars on buses as usual, but i've gotten sidetracked with real estate.

i found a new house, and we're supposed to close by feb 12. I'm REALLY excited. The new house has just over 10 acres, a pond, hills, trees, a creek, is over 1/4 mile long and is basically in the middle of the woods.....and it has 300 feet of paved road frontage. A few years ago this was easily a quarter million dollar piece of property. Bank accepted my offer of just under $84K This new house will be a bit of a project too, but this is probably the house where i'll spend the rest of my life.

my goal is to have it paid off in less than 10 years.

here is a link to google satelite image of the property.

http://quikmaps.com/site/89716

red outline is the property, yellow is the house, and blue is the driveway, which has an easement on the neighbors property

wish me luck!

Old 01-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: IHC
Engine: Dt360
Rated Cap: 19
Re: my new house....maybe

Nice pad. Good luck!
Old 01-16-2009, 04:22 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1959
Coachwork: superior
Chassis: international
Engine: 468 c.i. BBchevy
Rated Cap: 66

That is a beautiful home and it sounds like a smart buy. But where is the steering wheel? Good luck.
Navistate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:29 PM   #4
Bus Nut

looks good, i reallylike that it looks like their is a trail/path thru the woods and out to the hard road to the west just in case their was ever to be any hard feelings with the neighbor where your drive easment is, which brings up, make sure that the description of the easment is in the legal property description and not just a handshake deal between the previous property owner and the current neighbor, people change and property changes hands, it would be a shame to lose an improved driveway as the result of someones less than neighborly attitude.

it looks like a decent sized outbuilding/barn/shop in the southwest corner, just what your going to need with all of the maintanence equipment that you will aquire, lawnmower,snowplow,swimmin hole stuff and a canoe for playing in the large pond
paul iossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:00 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH S1723
Engine: IH V345 Gas V8
Rated Cap: 66

Nice find, Jason!

I hope everything works out in your favor!
Old 01-16-2009, 07:19 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Very nice!

My wife and I just signed a deal today on our new home (and shop), a bank Repo. that was built in 2006 for $239,000. We won the bidding at $157,000. Our closing is scheduled for Feb. 18th.
Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:21 PM   #7
Bus Crazy

Good Luck!

Looks like you might have a great view to the east, and lots of morning sunshine.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:21 PM   #8
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul iossi
looks good, i reallylike that it looks like their is a trail/path thru the woods and out to the hard road to the west just in case their was ever to be any hard feelings with the neighbor where your drive easment is, which brings up, make sure that the description of the easment is in the legal property description and not just a handshake deal between the previous property owner and the current neighbor, people change and property changes hands, it would be a shame to lose an improved driveway as the result of someones less than neighborly attitude.

it looks like a decent sized outbuilding/barn/shop in the southwest corner, just what your going to need with all of the maintanence equipment that you will aquire, lawnmower,snowplow,swimmin hole stuff and a canoe for playing in the large pond
I already went to the register of deeds and made sure there is an easement on the title work on the adjacent property for the driveway. Looks like the previous owner thought about making a drive out the long way, not sure why. The adjacent property has only a pole barn on it, no house. Good thing i bought that john deere 60 tractor, looks like i'm gonnna need it to plow snow off from the thousand foot driveway. i shouldn't have to buy any firewood for a few years. there are several dead and fallen trees on the property.

and as far as the outbuilding.....there used to be a nice pole barn there, but the previous owner cut the poles and took the barn with him apparently. rumor is that he turned the steel in for scrap....along with all the copper plumbing. I'll build a new pole barn eventually. The cement slab is half the cost, and that's already there!
Old 01-17-2009, 01:18 PM   #9
Bus Crazy

Year: 1965
Coachwork: thomas
Chassis: chevy
Engine: 350

thats unbelievable that land and house would go for550 thousand around here and that house you got abbot sounds great also you will like living in the country-ill never go back to the city good luck to all land barons!
timbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:55 PM   #10
Bus Nut

count me in for a barn raising
paul iossi is offline   Reply With Quote