Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2007, 12:30 AM   #1
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Re: My new solar setup 2

Is there any particular reason you are running the Marine style deep cycles? Of all the options out there that is the one that you probably see used the least. I'm sure you have a reason.

Also...have you run any tests yet to see how well the solar works? It's kind of a crap shoot, but I suppose you could check open circuit voltage in the morning and then in the evening.

The reason this thread is of so much interest is perhaps not because of the complexity, but because of the cost and accessibility. I know I have not once stepped into Harbor Freight without stopping and looking at the solar setup they sell and debating an awful lot.