Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2006, 08:51 PM   #1
Skoolie

mystery switch

i got a 81 international / wayne bus. there is this weird switch off to the side of the main switch panel. ( lights- heaters- ect. ) it is plastic with a lever that turns about a quarter turn. there is a red idicator light buy it. its spring loaded. looks like some kind of reostat or something on the back side of the switch. anybody got any thing like that on there bus. ?? its stock equipment what ever it is .. thanks

westport_wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:42 PM   #2
Bus Nut

I've got a 1979 Internatl/Wayne with a similar switch. It turns on the top flashers, but they also turn on by a switch on the main panel. I don't understand it either. I think it might have something to do with the stop sign, which is no longer there.
bdavis441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 10:41 PM   #3
Almost There

Probably something with the stop sign or such.. do you still have your stop sign?

I have an international so cant help.. I found some mystery switches, and when I opened the door, then flipped the switch my stop sign started coming out and flashing!

I was so glad mine was still hooked up and working.
ParadigmCrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:08 PM   #4
Skoolie

naw, i dont have the stop sign no more. some which a way the bus slipped out with the stop sign-that bumper guide bar that swings out and all the flashers were on the bus when i got it. they usually paint the flashing lights black with spray paint before they sell them. i made some round plates for the holes where the flashers went at work from aluniem. (i cant spell it either) i through all that stuff in the dumpster at work. i did leave the ( SCKOOL BUS ) sign above the windshield and the rear one. they got light bulbs in back of them you get to from the inside and they light up when you turn the lights on. :P looks pretty cool at night. ill probably get hasseled about it but who cares, im perfectly legal. new tags-new plates-gmac insurance-and one valid drivers licence.
westport_wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:23 PM   #5
Almost There

eh, I love my stop sign. Im sure the novelty will where off eventually, and I'll paint something else on it.
ParadigmCrime is offline   Reply With Quote