Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2019, 12:45 PM   #21
Almost There

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Ford
Chassis: E-350; 4x4 Minibus
Engine: 351c.i.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinDarcy11 View Post
I think you hit the nail on the head here. Unhappy people are going to be just that.

We truly do love MT and really want to make it work. Hopefully we can find more viable spots around the Bozeman and Helena area!
Should you end up in the Bzn area, if you ever need help with your bus, feel free to PM me.

Old 06-07-2019, 11:23 AM   #22
Almost There

Year: 2002
Engine: T444E/Allison 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgBüs View Post
Should you end up in the Bzn area, if you ever need help with your bus, feel free to PM me.
Thanks a lot, Travis. We really appreciate that and will definitely take you up on the offer! You like beer?
KevinDarcy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 02:39 PM   #23
Almost There

Quote:
Thanks a lot, Travis. We really appreciate that and will definitely take you up on the offer! You like beer? [emoji3]
Sure do! Although, I don't get to enjoy a cold one as much as I'd like. Maybe 12 beers a year total, these days. Haha! Lots of good beers around to try in MT though. Big Sky brewing is probably the most well known. Lots of other, smaller brands too though.
Old 06-09-2019, 08:18 PM   #24
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
Coachwork: American Cargo 14'L x 7'8"W x 7'H Box
Chassis: Ford E350 Cutaway
Engine: 7.3L Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 11500 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgBüs View Post
Well put.

Also, I've heard Ted actually is a really good guy, although, he gets a bad wrap around here for buying so much land.
I heard the rumor that Ted plans to will most of his land holdings to the public and only a small portion (mainly the buildings with a few acres around it) to his heirs.
If that's true, then him buying all of this mostly contiguous acreage will have protected it from turning into dozens if not hundreds of ugly subdivisions. For all the ranchers who sold the land he owns now there were only two potential buyers: an independently wealthy "land collector" or one of many greedy developers.
alpine44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 08:24 PM   #25
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
Coachwork: American Cargo 14'L x 7'8"W x 7'H Box
Chassis: Ford E350 Cutaway
Engine: 7.3L Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 11500 lbs
Quote:
I think you hit the nail on the head here. Unhappy people are going to be just that.
We truly do love MT and really want to make it work. Hopefully we can find more viable spots around the Bozeman and Helena area!
I love Montana too and will return with my abode on wheels so I do not have to worry about the real estate rat race.
alpine44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 08:46 PM   #26
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
I am hoping I can keep my bus warm enough to make it through a winter [emoji1783]
Old 06-09-2019, 09:36 PM   #27
Almost There

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine44 View Post
I heard the rumor that Ted plans to will most of his land holdings to the public and only a small portion (mainly the buildings with a few acres around it) to his heirs.

If that's true, then him buying all of this mostly contiguous acreage will have protected it from turning into dozens if not hundreds of ugly subdivisions. For all the ranchers who sold the land he owns now there were only two potential buyers: an independently wealthy "land collector" or one of many greedy developers.
I haven't heard that (I don't really follow news surrounding him, just word of mouth info) but if that's true, that's really awesome. I'd definitely support that!
Old 06-12-2019, 04:10 PM   #28
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: AMTRAM
Chassis: INT
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: Big Girl
I am in Townsend,MT. Just south of Helena, did not read the whole thread, but if anyone needs a place to park for the night, I have plenty of space, or if you need advice help your bus hit me up.
bigskypc50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 04:32 PM   #29
Bus Crazy

Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskypc50 View Post
I am in Townsend,MT. Just south of Helena, did not read the whole thread, but if anyone needs a place to park for the night, I have plenty of space, or if you need advice help your bus hit me up.
that's what l like to see, a helping hand reaching out
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:44 PM   #30
Mini-Skoolie

Welcome back! And welcome to the forum. My wife (aka BigSkyWren) and I are in the process of re-re-locating back to the Bozeman area right now.
Sounds like we oughta start a Montana bus club, if one doesn't already exist. We bought a 30 foot bus primarily for use as a moving van and storage shed, but we may end up making a camper out of it later.

Bozeman definitely has its fair share of snobs, and that's not likely to change. There's going to be a lot less of that in Butte, Helena, Missoula, etc. Last I heard (a year or so ago) CaptSquid was located in Billings, maybe he could give you some idea of that neighborhood.

Enjoy your journey!
INanMT-Bus is offline   Reply With Quote