Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2010, 09:39 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Ford
Chassis: Goshen
Engine: 350
Re: Need opinion/thoughts on a park model trailer

I have to have my own dirt. No matter what happens, tornado, earthquake, fire, hurricane - this dirt is still mine. As someone said earlier I can put up a tent if I have to.

I have always bought property (from a city lot to 23 acres) in the 'low rent' district. Land is cheap, taxes are cheap, and my neighbors have always been nicer and more down to earth than those in my co-workers 'gated' communities.

I did recently see one of those park model trailers for the first time a couple of months ago and was amazed!! If anything ever happened to my house, the park trailer would be an inexpensive and easy solution. We have done a tremendous amount of work to our 1937 fixer upper but I would never re-build. I would just get the trailer or one of those two story storage sheds that you see in the Lowe's parking lots. We purposely bought our current property outside of city limits in an unzoned area so I can do whatever the heck I want. I keep chickens, looking forward to having a goat or two again, we fly a Jolly Roger over my husbands shop and occasionally wander around outside in our underwear - life is good!

granolaeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:45 PM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Ford
Chassis: Goshen
Engine: 350

O.K. so I didn't realize that when I posted you had already bought the trailer. Congrats! Now if you can find your own patch of land to put it on you'll be in high cotton. Even so, the combined trailer payment and lot rent is still less than the average guy is paying for rent OR mortgage so you are still ahead of the game. Matter of fact I think you are paying less than I am for my mortgage and I thought I had everybody else beat!
granolaeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:16 AM   #23
Bus Crazy

ya its pretty low and since its an RV i can make additional payments whenever at no extra charges to.

As for land... well I havent found a thing around here for under 50k an acre... and town has bylaws against anything other then actual houses and commercial buildings on the lots..
Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:26 AM   #24
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 diesel
Rated Cap: 14

I wonder if the thing is set up for winter use...
wmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:57 AM   #25
Bus Crazy

yuppers. extra insulated and the whole works.
Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote