Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2017, 04:20 AM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15

EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:38 AM   #22
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 2 elderly children, 1 cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Uh...it's like the one with the picture of "Goofy" on it, man.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:40 AM   #23
Bus Nut

Year: 1976
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Dodge S-600
Engine: 360 V8
Rated Cap: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskypc50 View Post
been calling around trying to find storage for my bus and talked this place ... he very rudely told me that being a converted bus, they would not rent to me! Is it just me or is this a new level of hate towards skoolies? To be turned down at storage places now? ...
Glad that at American Dock & Storage in Omaha, their tagline is "We store anything legal." Now I have a compulsion to knock on some wood...
Seems the Land of the Free has become the land of where dictatorship has been privatized. If George Orwell could see today, he might be glad he checked out decades ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
I believe this to be the origin of school bus hatred-
Oh, this so tempts me to make off-limits political remarks. I'll just say that these folks would be more accepting of us than many of the others we have to deal with, and leave it at that.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:30 AM   #24
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunky Bus View Post
Oh, this so tempts me to make off-limits political remarks. I'll just say that these folks would be more accepting of us than many of the others we have to deal with, and leave it at that.
More accepting of US, the folk who have bus conversion as a core belief, yes. More accepting in general, no. I speak as a graduate of that tribe. I was never comfortable in yelling obscenities at returning soldiers, for instance. "Save your anger for The Man, man!" was the tagline there, and it never gained much traction. Also in retrospect, the whole hippie thing was embarrassingly white, Jimi notwithstanding. I guess it's still all about what tribe you're from, man.
dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:50 AM   #25
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
theres going to be A-holes in every "tribe" or "faction"... Im gay and some gay people accept me LESS than many non-gay people..

just like the dude at the bus ralley this weekend that showed up in a pretty new Prevost(2001) - professionally converted coach - yet Demanded to be parked amongst the classic 1950s and 1960s busses..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:31 AM   #26
Bus Nut

Year: 1976
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Dodge S-600
Engine: 360 V8
Rated Cap: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
theres going to be A-holes in every "tribe" or "faction"... Im gay and some gay people accept me LESS than many non-gay people..

just like the dude at the bus ralley this weekend that showed up in a pretty new Prevost(2001) - professionally converted coach - yet Demanded to be parked amongst the classic 1950s and 1960s busses..

-Christopher
There are even a-holes among us Skoolies. Our forum is much improved over a few years ago when several trolls diminished the fun of the site. Although stix-n-staples RVs have weaknesses (literally) compared to school buses, it's EZ to get caught up in looking down on them and their owners.
One ex-member here (and I'll neither name names nor quote him exactly) expressed indifference to why skoolies get "bad rap" from others; it wasn't his problem. That mindset doesn't exactly minimize the "hate" towards us and our rigs.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:35 AM   #27
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunky Bus View Post
There are even a-holes among us Skoolies. Our forum is much improved over a few years ago when several trolls diminished the fun of the site. Although stix-n-staples RVs have weaknesses (literally) compared to school buses, it's EZ to get caught up in looking down on them and their owners.
One ex-member here (and I'll neither name names nor quote him exactly) expressed indifference to why skoolies get "bad rap" from others; it wasn't his problem. That mindset doesn't exactly minimize the "hate" towards us and our rigs.
Yeah, its progressed and become a rather decent site!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:11 PM   #28
Bus Crazy

Year: 1991
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Just the two of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post

-Christopher
Then complained to his nextdoor neighbor about running his generator all night. Of course he ran his all night. Neighbor had a genturie so exhaust went up, rich guy didn't so his exhaust went under someone else's bus.
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:21 PM   #29
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhereinusa View Post
rich guy didn't so his exhaust went under someone else's bus.
Name:  friends.png
Views: 77
Size:  3.9 KB

Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:23 PM   #30
Bus Geek

Year: 1997
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
Being an a-hole to someone for reasons is just being an a-hole with extra steps.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2017, 10:34 AM   #31
Bus Nut

Got kicked off a section of farm ground. A guy that doesn't get along with me and have known since 1962 told my friend that was letting me park here said either he goes or you don't use my runway for spraying crops anymore .My friend is so embarrassed about it. The sheriff deputy showed up Friday BECAUSE OF CALLS,

1998 Ford B700 Thomas body 65 passenger. 5.9 Cummins 12 valve with MT643 Transmission 123,000 miles.
Versatile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:10 AM   #32
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Got kicked off a section of farm ground. A guy that doesn't get along with me and have known since 1962 told my friend that was letting me park here said either he goes or you don't use my runway for spraying crops anymore .My friend is so embarrassed about it. The sheriff deputy showed up Friday BECAUSE OF CALLS,
Not very neighborly.

Luckily....you are: Versatile

Best of luck with your situation.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:00 AM   #33
Bus Nut

The guy with the runway sure didn't increase his social standing in the community by doing such a trivial thing.. I remember about 40 yrs ago this guy was 42 yrs old a very strong 200 lbs etc. His neighbor across the rd turned him into the city because D would start his cab over Jimmy and his big dozer on the lowboy and warm both of them up in his driveway at daylight. Old Joe was 62 and weighed about 140 and had just got out of the hospital. D came over and knocked him down with a punch and broke his jaw. Joe never called the cops and he got cancer in that jaw and died from it.

1998 Ford B700 Thomas body 65 passenger. 5.9 Cummins 12 valve with MT643 Transmission 123,000 miles.
Versatile is offline   Reply With Quote