Old 06-09-2008, 11:06 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1965
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Chevy C60
Engine: 292 Chevy
Re: New Member

That is great news about the fender. The grill has never been there since we have had it. I was thinking of a peice of diamond plate or something. There has been a motorcycle shelf welded to the front. "They" may have removed the grill then. I searched for pics of your bus but I did not find it. When you get a chance put the link in, I'd really like to check it out. When I get a chance I'll upload a few pics of the inside, which is equal to the outside, I just need to put in the time to tie it all together.

Do you think it is beneficial to try and run lp or keep the gasoline.

Another thing is at some time before me; someone put deisel in the main fuel tank (drivers side) this is now a ball of jello...I have the tank out; is there any solvent to disolve this deisel and make the tank useable? Right now she runs on the reserve just behind the front door.
It seems at times I bought someone elses headache, but I feel I'm on the downhill side.I am not familiar with deisel; .... If cold can gel deisel can warmth liquify? I ask this because this has endured several Las Vegas summers and never liquified...Is it deisel or something else?
Timbuk as always I appreciate the shared knowledge.
Thakns again
Shaun
shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:33 AM   #12
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: thomas
Chassis: chevy
Engine: 350

okshaun go to the conversion projects page scroll down to "new member 65 chevy" you can see the pics there there are some on the photo gallery "timbuks bus" i dont know how to link it your tank is problably toast i would get a new one or a used one from something similar. crappy tanks will always let you down and create havoc it could be really old gas
timbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:34 AM   #13
Bus Crazy

oh yea id keep the gas man my bus is on page 19 in the gallery 1965 chev and farther down timbuks bus
Old 07-06-2008, 01:11 PM   #14
Bus Crazy

hey shaun hows it going are you having any sucess with the harmonic? i ground all the bondo off my front fenders and am in the processs of welding them up ill take pics and post them up for you timbuk
Old 07-06-2008, 07:39 PM   #15
Bus Crazy

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC-2000 Frt Eng, Tranny:MT643
Engine: 5,9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84

The harmonic damper is VERY important for engine life. No shortcuts allowed on that one. Make SURE you have the correct one for your engine. And they deteriorate with time. You can have it rebuilt by... (Edit Damper Doctor in Redding, CA http://www.damperdoctor.com/
Elliot Naess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:31 PM   #16
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot Naess

The harmonic damper is VERY important for engine life.
Just ask Mopar. Ever notice how you really don't see any Dodge Red Ram hemi's around? The 241, 270, 315, and 325 all lacked harmonic dampeners. That resulted in some pretty short crankshaft lifespans. I happen to know a gentleman that is rebuilding a 241 for his Dodge hotrod truck project. He has $15,000 (!) into this engine because parts are impossible to find. Retrofitting a harmonic balancer was of the utmost importance for him. The sad part is I still fear that little hemi will struggle to break 225 horsepower...but hey...it's period correct!