Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2015, 09:34 PM   #1

New Skoolie here

I just picked up my auction shortie today. It runs great -- except -- it has a bad starter. It started fine with a jump in the bus garage. We stopped for gas, and all we got was click click click. I ended up calling AAA thinking it needed a battery. After a couple of whacks with a wrench on the starter, it started right up again. The starter is DOA again in front of my house, but the local autozone has a starter in stock, so my nephew will slap it on over the weekend.

I wanted a shortie mostly because I am a power wheelchair user, as are two of my kids, and I am tired of shoehorning us into our current truck for long trips. We are road trippers, and I want something that can haul a toyhauler. Because we need the wheelchair lift, I am not planning on setting mine up for living quarters at this time, but I do want to make it a comfortable and roomy passenger vehicle for us (and the assorted friends and family that join us).

ayuyu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 08:58 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Welcome! --- Lots of shorties here that are used in many ways. A road tripper should be a much easier build than a "house on wheels". Check out the many and varied build threads for some clever ideas as well as proven techniques.

Oh yeah...and let's see some pix.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote