Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2016, 07:25 PM   #21
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Detroit MBE906
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
its up to any one of us to start a business somewhere housing Skoolies, or being a skoolie friendly campground with facilities for storage, shops to work, etc..
I saw a piece of land for sale down close to El Paso TX, it was like 20 acres and it was for cheap... and from what I understand there were very few restrictions on what you could do with the land.... but knowing the luck that would be one of the few things that wouldn't be allowed.

I wonder if it's still available.....

As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he accompanied the level 60 dwarves on the Smaug the Dragon raid. Those powerlevelers probably invited him solely so he could trigger fellowship attacks for them.
AlleyCat67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 07:29 PM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlleyCat67 View Post
I saw a piece of land for sale down close to El Paso TX, it was like 20 acres and it was for cheap... and from what I understand there were very few restrictions on what you could do with the land.... but knowing the luck that would be one of the few things that wouldn't be allowed.

I wonder if it's still available.....
I'm looking for cheap land no one cares about!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 07:44 PM   #23
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Detroit MBE906
Rated Cap: 72
Land for sale

BillyLand.com - Owner Financed Land for Sale - Rural Land Auctions
As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he accompanied the level 60 dwarves on the Smaug the Dragon raid. Those powerlevelers probably invited him solely so he could trigger fellowship attacks for them.
AlleyCat67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:25 PM   #24
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Amtran Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceni John View Post
When I said that Prevosts are made from steel and stainless steel, I was referring to their structural framework behind the body panels. Even if all their fiberglass (or GRP or whatever) panels were all removed, their structural integrity would not change - such panels are non-structural. I remember seeing a photo of an Eagle that had been stripped of all its body panels down to its bare skeleton, and it was driving along the road no different than if it were complete. Prevosts and MCIs are not true monocoques like the old GMs were, where the skin was part of the structure just like in an aircraft. My bus has fiberglass front and rear ends, but behind them there's still a framework of welded steel tubes to give strength - a Prevost is essentially no different in that respect. However, on the rolled Prevost in Oregon most of the catastrophic damage was to the roof, and the only things holding the roof up are the pillars between the side windows and the front and rear ends' structural supports. From that aspect, the material the body was paneled in is largely irrelevant: if it had steel panels riveted on like a skoolie, it would still have ended up looking the way it does now.
Iceni John, thanks for the explanation. Very well put and I totally understand now that you put it that way.
Asetechrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 10:18 AM   #25
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Blue Bird TC RE 3904, Flat Nose, 40', 277" wh base
Engine: 8.3L Cummins ISC 260hp, MT643, 4.44 rear
Rated Cap: 84 pax or 1 RV; 33,000lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
and school busses look similar when they roll... theres been photos of IC busses flipped and the windows are often close to flattened on one or both sides..

they are Busses, not Jeeps... I rolled a wrangler once and didnt even break a window.. (cracked the windshield).. no one wants to ride a bus with thick tubular bars all aroudn them like you have in a wrangler..

-Christopher
Generally a good idea to keep the shiny side up on all vehicles but welding a roll cage on the outside of the bus could be done. Might put you a little closer to GVWR than you want tho.
Brewerbob is offline   Reply With Quote