Old 10-12-2017, 11:22 AM   #11
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Chassis: E-450
Engine: 7.3 Turbo
Yes, we know all about the benefits of WV.

We don't actually live in Fayette, we're in Westmoreland. So we don't have zoning rules on a county basis, it's all down by the townships/municipalities. Most of the ones I've checked (in mountains) are fine with you living full time in a bus or RV if you so desire.

We spend a ton of time in Ohiopyle, which is why we even saw the Fayette property to begin with.

I have no doubt that I could park the bus there and get away with staying in it. No one is coming out and checking unless the neighbors get pissed.

I still think it is ludicrous that you technically aren't allowed though.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:51 PM   #12
Mini-Skoolie

I have 20 acres in NorCal that burned down 2 years ago. Had a decent house n shop on it and was completely off grid. Never was allowed to "camp" or even live in an RV on the property. What's worse was after the fire took out most of the county, the county changed the rules and allowed one to stay in an RV on their own property but HAD to be hooked up to septic AND more than 150 feet from burned out structures. But only those whose property burned down are allowed to be in an RV and only for a limited amount of time while rebuilding.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:03 PM   #13
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcarnut View Post
I have 20 acres in NorCal that burned down 2 years ago. Had a decent house n shop on it and was completely off grid. Never was allowed to "camp" or even live in an RV on the property. What's worse was after the fire took out most of the county, the county changed the rules and allowed one to stay in an RV on their own property but HAD to be hooked up to septic AND more than 150 feet from burned out structures. But only those whose property burned down are allowed to be in an RV and only for a limited amount of time while rebuilding.
2002 E450 Thomas/ U-JOINT 4X4 family hauler

/

/

?

1998 Ford B700 Thomas body 65 passenger. 5.9 Cummins 12 valve with MT643 Transmission 123,000 miles.
Versatile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 06:29 PM   #14
Mini-Skoolie

Waiting on time to install the lift. Just arrived Thursday but I'm out of town for a few weeks.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:14 PM   #15
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Engine: 366 Big block Chevy! :) w/ Stick shift
If i've learned one thing in all my battles it is to listen to the environment, and if it says i am not welcome then i can trust there is somewhere else i will be much happier.

Good luck!
Carytowncat is offline   Reply With Quote