Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2008, 12:28 AM   #1
Bus Crazy

Year: 1965
Coachwork: thomas
Chassis: chevy
Engine: 350
Re: Not for the squeemish..........

oh man i feel the pain you need a auto trans and a tatoo on the other knee hope that gets better soon

timbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:05 PM   #2
Bus Nut

EEEEEeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww !!!
oldog12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:56 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by bender477
OUCHIE !! , keep it clean so you dont get a staph infection
I'm already healed as far as incision goes, had this done just over 4 months ago. I've talked to a couple people who say knee replacement is worst than hip replacement. I got on YouTube the morning I went in for surgery & watched a video of it....it's a pretty brutal procedure. Hammer, drill, sawzall.....seriously

Smitty

There, and you thought a bus was tough stuff to convert!!

You just might be a Redneck if...
...your motor home used to be a school bus!
...Your living room has a steering wheel!
...Your home has brake lights

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1989 Thomas Diesel Pusher (Cat 3208/Freightliner)
Chesapeake, Virginia
GoneCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 06:28 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC-2000 Frt Eng, Tranny:MT643
Engine: 5,9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84

Quote:
Hammer, drill, sawzall.....seriously
Cool!

Friend of mine once had his kidneys replaced with one from his mother. With local anestetic, so he could watch and learn.

Yesterday, I towed a large Kinetic Kontraption with four people... a bit over a mile, on the water -- with my one-man amphibious tricycle. Took a little over an hour. I poured most of my drinking water on my straw hat for cooling. Afterwards, my right knee was almost twice the size of my left. Yes, my right knee is my "trick" knee from a traffic collission some 35 years ago. Life is good. Stuff happens. Life remains good.

Elliot Naess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:29 AM   #5
Skoolie

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Ford B-700
Engine: 351 windsor
Rated Cap: 72

Life is good, in my mid 30's I fell over 3 stories. I crushed the left side of my chest, punctured a lung. (When a piece of one of my ribs flew from the front of my chest to the rear through my lung like a bullet.) Blew 3 vertebrae into splinters. Some of the splinters were stuck in my spinal cord. The hospital called the family in because they thought that I was dieing for sure. Too make a very long storey short; I was paralyzed in a wheelchair for a long time. I recovered the feeling in my legs; (no one can explain why) after a lot of therapy I can walk and build a school bus and go hunting with my grandkids yada yada. I went back to school and learned a less labor intensive way to make a living. My point: In the middle of all of this I told my wife that if she loved me that she would smuggle my shotgun into the hospital. Now when I look back the injuries were a blessing. I hurt, that reminds me that I am alive. I am not the man I once was; in a lot of ways I am much better.
Take control, you might as well be optimistic. Get a good lawyer, if you have a case that is not hard to do and you don’t pay them until you settle. It was tough as hell but we got through it and are better for it.
Good Luck,
Dave
Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:54 PM   #6
Skoolie

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Ford B-700
Engine: 351 windsor
Rated Cap: 72

I just felt moved to let you know, as someone who has been through it. That it will get better and there will be positive effects from the experience. I am sure not trying to minimize your misfortune or be a smart ass. I know where you are at and it is as bad as it gets, but you will see relief I’m sure of it.
I am enjoying life; I hurt but am on no medication resulting from my accident. I am not very flexible but I take karate with the grandkids. I just don’t move as gracefully and probably hurt more that my fellow students, but that’s who I am now.
I hope that you can find that counsel helpful.
Best of luck,
Dave
Buster is offline   Reply With Quote