Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2014, 10:12 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown Super Coach
Chassis: Built on a Crown Chassis
Engine: 300HP BIG CAM TURBO 855
Rated Cap: 78
NOT MUCH HAPPENING SO THOUGHT I POST

lONG TIME From the schoolie Forum......check in every now and then, just to check out what's happening.........So thought I'd share a few pics of my two latest purchases and see if I can generate some conversation

Since I was last here, I sold my pretty little TC1000 it now has a Live in British Columbia. But picked up another Crown and fulfilled my 10 year quest for a shorty Gillig Phantom with just the right Drive Train.

So by way of Introduction is my 1995 Gillig Phantom with the Turbo Cummins 8.3L coupled to the Allison B400 5 speed with a true overdrive. Gets insane fuel economy with the .75 Overdrive and Cruises at plus 75 MPH.......Solid Coach, zero rust and came equipped with the Alcoas: Put 300 miles plus on it and it performed flawlessly and every last thing works as it should........And unlike most transits comes with the full compliment of gauges. Very Stoked on this one: 10 years searching.

Second on the list, is a very rare 1989 Super Coach: A 40ft. Pusher with basement storage throughout: One of the often heard complaints of the amidship Crowns. Which I still prefer. This Crown also has the Cummins 8.3 Liter InLine and is coupled to the MT643 Transmission. Another one I couldn't allow to go to the Scrapper. Big Picture for this one, is to go through it entirely, and ensure all systems are functioning as they should and probably Sell it: It is the perfect Crown for the Conversion aficionado, because of the length, the basement storage, and most folks enjoy having the auto transmission. And of course it has the beautiful build, and styling legendary to the Brand. So enjoy the few photo's and until next time I'm out.............Moki[img][img][/img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails
gillig2.jpg   gillig4.jpg   5231.JPG