Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2010, 11:04 AM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Re: Obama Gives Part of Arizona to Mexicans

I believe that Obama has been studying that book that Chavez gave him a while back. I really have to wonder if he will step down if/when the time comes or will he simply "extend" his presidency. And I don't care who is in office... we need secure borders. Personally I think the National Guard should be on our borders not over in other countries.

https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:24 PM   #2

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

Quote:
The state of Arizona recently enacted a law which made it an offence to be an illegal immigrant and allowed police to stop and search anybody they thought did not look like they were from the US.

Other laws passed by the state, which were roundly condemned for being discriminatory, required teachers to not have an overly thick accent.
Effing limey reporter. I guess the British press is as stupid as ours. Apparently he is in good company with Eric and Janet in not reading the law. I guess he's not satisfied enough with his country going down the toilet, he wants the US to follow.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornaschinske
I believe that Obama has been studying that book that Chavez gave him a while back. I really have to wonder if he will step down if/when the time comes or will he simply "extend" his presidency. And I don't care who is in office... we need secure borders. Personally I think the National Guard should be on our borders not over in other countries.
No one is extending anything. When it's his time to leave office, he's out of here. Do you really think 10's of millions of Citizens are just going to stand around and let that happen. The King riots will look like a walk in the park.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 06-18-2010, 12:10 AM   #4

I'll add one to the list.

How do I embed a video?

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 06-20-2010, 02:41 AM   #5

dailykos and media don't matter? Really?

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 06-20-2010, 03:51 PM   #6
KDN
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1991
Engine: 5.9 cummins turbo diesel
Rated Cap: 72

At some point they will secure the borders, just so they can keep US citizens from leaving if nothing else.
KDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:18 AM   #7
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDN
At some point they will secure the borders, just so they can keep US citizens from leaving if nothing else.
That's a hell of a thought!
Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:19 AM   #8
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by emberglow
The Fox Nation used the preposterous headline "Obama Gives Back Major Strip of AZ to Mexico" to trumpet a report about a closure of land in a national wildlife refuge in Arizona. During that America Live report, guest host Shannon Bream stated: "A massive stretch of Arizona now off limits to Americans. Critics say the administration is, in effect, giving a major strip of the Southwest back to Mexico."

But according to Bonnie Swarbrick, who is the public information officer for the Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge in Arizona, the "massive stretch" of land is about five miles square, it's been closed since 2006, and it obviously hasn't been given back to Mexico.

Swarbrick told Media Matters that the area in the refuge bordering Mexico was "closed in 2006 during the construction of a vehicle barrier." Work on the vehicle barrier progressed into the construction of a 12-foot fence along the part of the refuge that borders Mexico, which is about seven miles long. The area has been kept closed "to allow the Border Patrol to do their work," she said. Swarbrick added that the small strip of land that is closed makes up "less than 0.03 percent" of the refuge and said that the rest of the reserve is still open to the public.

So let's recap. In 2006, the Bush Administration closed off a five-square-mile stretch of the Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge to the public to allow the Border Patrol to improve security. Owing to mission creep of sorts, this section stayed closed. And how does Fox interpret this? That President Obama is giving vast stretches of land back to Mexico.

Biased journalism is one thing. Propaganda, even, is one thing. This transcends those categories into something else altogether: blatant, intentional, pants-on-fire falsehoods designed to deliberately mislead an audience that is already primed to believe them.

It takes something extraordinary for me to characterize something this way, but this type of conduct is not just irresponsible. It is inimical to America.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/20...back-to-Mexico
I think it was just a figure of speech and a headline rather then a serious statement. FOX was just going street!
Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:20 AM   #9
Bus Geek

Do I need a passport to go to Mexico? If so... WHY? Apparently Mexico and the US think it's okay for Mexican to come into this country without a passport... so why do I have to go to all the hassle of getting my birth certificate mailed to me from FL, have pictures taken (I don't like having my picture taken), pay $100+ to the government (I could use that money for something else), get photocopies of the picture ID that I would use, wait in line.... So I could just not have a passport,and cross anywhere I want to into Mexico... RIght???? If it's okay for the Mexicans to cross into the US without a passport, etc, then can't the US citizens cross into Mexico the same way? If people want open borders, shouldn't the borders be open both ways??? and with ALL countries??? It's kinda like free trade... free trade should be free both ways... not just one way.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:52 PM   #10
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: IHC
Engine: Dt360
Rated Cap: 19

Quote:
Do I need a passport to go to Mexico?
If you want to visit legally, yes, you need a passport to enter Mexico, and the US border/customs officers will also want to have a look at your passport when you re-enter the US. But like Canada and virtually every other country in North and South America, you just show up at the border, show your passport, and you're in.

Your counterpart in Mexico, who wants to visit the US by legal means, is required to apply for & receive a visa before arriving at the border. The visa application cost is $131. (More info on visa requirements & costs for entering the US is here.)

The option is there for anyone who wants to enter a country illegally.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:11 PM   #11
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: IHC
Engine: Dt360
Rated Cap: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanF
Quote:
Do I need a passport to go to Mexico?
If you want to visit legally, yes, you need a passport to enter Mexico, and the US border/customs officers will also want to have a look at your passport when you re-enter the US. But like Canada and virtually every other country in North and South America, you just show up at the border, show your passport, and you're in.

Your counterpart in Mexico, who wants to visit the US by legal means, is required to apply for & receive a visa before arriving at the border. The visa application cost is $131. (More info on visa requirements & costs for entering the US is here.)

The option is there for anyone who wants to enter a country illegally.
I call B.S. The mexicans would shoot you dead if you enter their cesspool illegally . Try it and report back.
I said the option is there. I didn't say that it is an action that is free of consequences.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:40 PM   #12
Bus Geek

Sorry.. I forgot sarcasm doesn't translate well in print.