Old 01-14-2013, 09:04 PM   #11
Bus Geek
Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Re: Off-topic stuff pruned from Conversion Discussion

If we can't squabble, criticize, praise, steal each other's ideas and improve upon them on, then just where can we do that? We all have bad days. We all get tired of folks asking the same questions over and over. And we are all amazed at how much some folks think their conversions are worth. We might not say it on here but many more of us think it than post it.

If anyone bugs you too much, then go to your User Control Panel and add them to your Foe List. For example: I have Ol Trunt listed as a Foe (no offense). Why? It's not really anything against him. But sometimes he gets on a tear and bugs the crap out of me. What listing him as a Foe does is allow me to choose if I want to read his posts (by clicking on them), or to ignore them. Keeps the peace between us a bit better. I have several members on my Foe list. If I am in a bitchy mood , then I have to put a little extra effort in allowing certain folks to get me riled up rather than just seeing every "idiot" thing they post. It works more often than not. I can usually, not always, get my temper in check before I post something that could escalate into something nasty. I get to blame menopause, what's you men's excuse?

Do Ol Trunt & I converse sanely? Sometimes. But other times not. We all get a bit thin-skinned at times. But this forum is the only one I post on where the members generally understand that some of us may be having a bad day. Would I mind finding a member of parked in the same campground as we are? No. I really can't say that about Escapees where everyone had to either be politically correct or adhere to the accepted "Escapee mindset". Leave the squabbling intact. Sometimes we just need to vent a bit.
This post is my opinion. It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Fulltime since 2006
The goal of life is living in agreement with nature. Zeno (335BC-264BC)
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #12
Bus Nut
Year: 1976
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: DD Inline 6-71 MidShip
Rated Cap: 79

Originally Posted by Accordion
It sure is scary to see this fussing, fighting, and bickering on this forum. I may have to do a Rip Van Winkle and take a twenty year nap.
Say all you want and I will defend your right to say it over and over...but I think I may have to follow in Accordion's path.
My Conversion Thread:
browncrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #13
Bus Nut
Year: 1996
Coachwork: Champion
Chassis: Ford e-450
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 14

Yup-walkabout time...
Don't make a fuss-just get on the bus!