Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2015, 12:20 AM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown Super Coach
Chassis: Built on a Crown Chassis
Engine: 300HP BIG CAM TURBO 855
Rated Cap: 78
One off custom 30ft Flxible. A Keeper.

I just wanted to share a Coach I just bought that I'm very privileged to call my own: I couldn't be more pleased to Own this turnkey one of a kind Flxible............there's lots I could say about it with regard the features. But for the time being I'll simply share it and hope it inspires some in the midst of their builds and finds some appreciation from all those who just enjoy and Love their Coaches...........

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3912450&type=1
Attached Thumbnails
flx................................................JPG  

Old 05-12-2015, 06:56 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Very cool, brah. You remind me of the VW bus guys I used to hang out with. You have that eye for funky, vintage, cool machines.
What made me really want a coach was driving down I75 at 60mph and watching the coach buses glide by at 80 mph like they were floating down the road on a cloud.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 01:04 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown Super Coach
Chassis: Built on a Crown Chassis
Engine: 300HP BIG CAM TURBO 855
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Very cool, brah. You remind me of the VW bus guys I used to hang out with. You have that eye for funky, vintage, cool machines.
What made me really want a coach was driving down I75 at 60mph and watching the coach buses glide by at 80 mph like they were floating down the road on a cloud.

I'm totally behind the cruising at 80 "vibe".............and when you are on the highway it doesn't matter if your "bus" is 40 feet or 60.........

However, in my opinion, there's something to be said for ground clearance. There's something to be said for gliding through city centers and down town shopping malls and be able to do so with a deft maneuverable machine. That's where short comes in. Also there are going to be times when you move into more remote areas, funky mountain roads that feed to isolated and more remote areas near lakes and streams and National and State Parks.............

If the aim is RV parks and Resorts then Highway Coaches are probably tough to beat. But when it comes to getting off the beaten track, generally speaking you'd be asking for trouble..........

There are many times when I'm traveling and I see a road that feeds off into a rural setting, to a lake, a park, a Damn................and smaller roads that feed from them. The larger my bus is the less likely I am to explore. Simply because I risk there not being enough room for a "turnaround". I'm not selling anything here not even an Idea. But part of the freedom associated with an RV is being able to not be limited too much by where you can or cannot go: Like most things we can't have it all. It is up to each of us to Know where our heart is in this.

Also I'm not traveling with family, House systems are nice to have but I can pee in a pot, or get a hotel for a shower etc............with the cost of fuel what's the big deal............So many ways to do this thing and keeping it simple has advantages. And often. Less is More.