The funky throttle controller:
The obligatory seats removed pictures:
I didn't get to weigh the bus today after all. Took all afternoon to get some gasoline in the tank.
Turns out the fill port on the tank is about 6" or 8" inside the skin. So, the 5 gallon fuel tanks just won't work.
I had to do some siphoning from the 5 gallon cans into the bus to get them into it. Then I decided to take the gas from the old RV and put into the bus, so I tried to siphon that. Well, the old RV has the fill pipe run the length of the tank and enter the tank after a 180 degree turn, so siphoning was out. Then I thought I'd try to siphon from the fuel line running to the generator. Had to use a piece of steel pipe to adapt the fuel line to the siphoning pump I had, only I didn't know it had a nice hole in the middle. grrr. I gave up on that for a bit and disconnected everything and helped my dad with a project of his. I came back over to the RV and discovered a lake of unleaded.
Seems there was still fuel in the line for the generator, and the line fell while I was away and the force of gravity caused the siphoning effect.
After a while, I got the idea to use the generator's fuel pump to pump from the tank into a hose feeding the bus tank. Finally got that working, with only a tiny drip where two hoses attached.
The bus now has 3/4ths of a tank of old gasoline. I need to add some fuel treatment to it before I run it much. The RV should be down to 1/4th of a tank, as the generator is supposed to run dry while leaving fuel in the tank.
I now stink like gasoline. It is all over my hands and shoes and one knee where I had to kneel down to get things hooked up.
Later this evening I discovered one of the clearance lamps was loose, and I tightened it back up.
Mom has plans to try to recycle the plywood out of the old seats, so I guess we'll be disassembling them soon.
All in all, not a bad day's progress.