Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2016, 03:30 PM   #41
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Wouldn't the manual shut off switch and cable overcome the fuel problem with minimal expense? This is the second time I've heard of an electronic shut off switch going bad on this site.

Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 03:53 PM   #42
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freight-shaker (Freightliner)
Engine: Cat 3126b 250 HP
Rated Cap: Only 1 seat
Didn't imply it was overheating, only if there was a safety system in place for that particular reason, could be a faulty valve/switch/cylinder........ that's where I was going with it.
Docsgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 11:17 PM   #43
Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Thomas Saf-T-Liner
Engine: Cat 3116
Picked up the bus today, no issues starting (fingers crossed). So far made about 800 miles of the 1300 mine trip home. Everything seems OK with the bus minus small things like a couple lights bulbs out, radio only plays static etc. However I can't seem to figure out how to get the dash lights to turn on. Not sure if there's a switch I'm missing or something. In the morning I'll have a quick look on the fuse panel. Tomorrow will be all day time driving anyway. I'll have to get a better day time picture in the morning.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
nwarner2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 05:26 AM   #44
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Chassis: thomas
Engine: 8.3 cummins
Rated Cap: 11 window
spin your head light switch back and forth, mine acts up too. it should go from dim to bright.
superdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 07:55 AM   #45
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave View Post
spin your head light switch back and forth, mine acts up too. it should go from dim to bright.
THIS!

for those of us that are Old school that was always the way to turn up and down the dash lights, rotating the eadlight switch knob.. the rheostat inside the switch gets nasty over time and sometimes spinning it all the way back and forth stop to stop a few times gets it going again... otherwise its a readily available part and cheap to get a new one. hardest part is getting the knob off..

also the IHC dashboards depending on year used the WORST design for lamp holders known to man.. that had little plastic tabs which broke off and then the lamp no longer made contact with the board.. they were little gray or black 1/4 turn twist-ins on the back of the cluster.. I dont know if those were still used in your year or not..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 05:08 PM   #46
Skoolie

Coachwork: Thomas Saf-T-Liner
Engine: Cat 3116
Couldnt get the lights to work with the rheostat, I'll have a look online for a replacement. Made the final 500 miles today with no issues. Hopefully tomorrow I'll start working on the little things that need doing and maybe ripping the seats out.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
nwarner2010 is offline   Reply With Quote