Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2021, 03:18 PM   #41
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: CE200
Engine: T444e
Rated Cap: 27,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossvtaylor View Post
You recalled pretty correctly - it's definitely a big factor. From tire debris and casing examinations after failure, road hazard damage was the leading cause followed closely by excessive heat (from low air pressure and/or overloading, or excessive speed, or a brake issue). The third most common was "maintenance/operational" which includes using a tire past the safe tread wear limits, flat spotting a tire, or vehicle body contact with the tire.
Road hazard . . . you mean like some moron with a brand new prehung interior door in his pickup truck bed, not tied down, no matting on the bed floor and no tail gate, accelerating onto an interstate causing the door to slide out of the bed right in front of me forcing me to jump it at 60 mph. That kind of road hazard? I only hope the door got destroyed so the fool had to buy another.

Oldyeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 03:52 PM   #42
Bus Crazy

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: "Atomic"
Engine: DD 8V71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldyeller View Post
Road hazard . . . you mean like some moron with a brand new prehung interior door in his pickup truck bed, not tied down, no matting on the bed floor and no tail gate, accelerating onto an interstate causing the door to slide out of the bed right in front of me forcing me to jump it at 60 mph. That kind of road hazard? I only hope the door got destroyed so the fool had to buy another.
That sounds like exactly one of those situations. I'm glad you're okay and still here.
rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote