Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2018, 01:35 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 2010
Coachwork: IC
Engine: MF DT466
Rated Cap: 81
Paint for the bus??? TCP

Was seeing if anyone has used tcp global for paint supplies. Read a few bad reviews but they seemed petty over spray paint. Buying enough bulk paint for the bus is pricey and I am trying to keep paint under $1500 for base clear. May do something crazy with colors but dont know how will look on a bus.

Miles O Roads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 01:44 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Hey.. I haven't used tcp.. I'm getting the paint from our local jobber here at work.. .limco.. . BASF product.. I was thinking base clear as well. Then decided to go with single stage.. Made from limco.. The stuff is amazing and super Shiney when you add 10 percent of clear in the mix..two wet coats like you would spray clear.. Covers very nicely.. I would recommend using an epoxy primer.. I'm using the Limco LP20.. You can top coat it in about an hour after application. It will fill 180 grit made from a DA... I've actually filled 80 grit on my front bumper I painted.. . For. Some reason. I can't add photos.. If Interested I can direct you to a YouTube video I did using the products I've listed.. So you can see the results.. Let me know.. [emoji41]
GypZ Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 03:19 PM   #3
Bus Nut

I will check the stuff out and will look at the vid if you can link or pm it. Problem I have is using it is I will be using 4or5 paints one being marblizing so I need the clear to cover the differnt paints and make it smooth.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:24 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Gotcha.. That makes sense. Now.. Here is the link

https://youtu.be/ddlyN3pCClM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles O Roads View Post
I will check the stuff out and will look at the vid if you can link or pm it. Problem I have is using it is I will be using 4or5 paints one being marblizing so I need the clear to cover the differnt paints and make it smooth.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:08 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Looks like the stuff works great. Ah the joys of a paint booth. While I have access to a small booth no one I know has a bus paint booth.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:27 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

I could barely get the bumper in there.. Lol.. The bus will be painted outside.. As I don't have access to a very large one.. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles O Roads View Post
Looks like the stuff works great. Ah the joys of a paint booth. While I have access to a small booth no one I know has a bus paint booth.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:06 PM   #7
Bus Geek

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu
I used Limco on the inside and under the hood on my toad. It's been 5 years and both still look Perfect. My only caution is that Limco is open longer than some paints and therefore somewhat like fly paper. The price was right and I'd use it again all things considered. Jack
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 05:08 AM   #8
Bus Nut

I will look into it for sure,may use it for painting under the bus. Looks like a great coverall paint.