Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2017, 03:10 PM   #1
Almost There

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Blue-Bird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 5.9
Parts Source

Was talking with the mechanic that helps with my bus( he works at county school bus yard). He said when county retires a bus for any reason the bus goes to Copart to dispose of bus. I check on their website and they did indeed have several buses for sale. I live outside of Atlanta and we have 4 Copart locations. As I was looking over the site they also had several 5th wheel RV's on the website at very attractive prices. Looks like you could get all of the windows you would need, range or stove, water heater and water pump and some of them have slide outs that may very well be adaptable to buses.

Was wonder if anybody had dealt with them. Looks like you can inspect before bidding. Some items are bid some have a buy now price.

A few in my area. Haven't been looking at this long enough to know sale prices

https://www.copart.com/lot/47452057/Photos

https://www.copart.com/lot/42272347/Photos

Old 12-23-2017, 04:18 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 14
I have actually been to that lot. My company dropped off 6 road trailers for sale.

I checked earlier, they have a rather nice looking 1990 IH bus with no bids ........ and no motor. However, I want to see what axle and fuel tank it has, and might buy it just for parts if it has something I can use.
Brad_SwiftFur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 05:45 PM   #3
Almost There

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Blue-Bird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 5.9
Did you check out the tires. If you are local I might be interested in splitting it up with you. I have room for it but we would have to figure out moving it here and then on to a dump.
Old 12-23-2017, 06:41 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Did you check out the tires. If you are local I might be interested in splitting it up with you. I have room for it but we would have to figure out moving it here and then on to a dump.
Is Winder local enough? I haven't done any more than look at pics of it, so far. Moving it would probably involve a wrecker, be the easiest (and possibly cheapest) way.

Once cannibalized for parts, it could head to the boneyard for further cannibalization.
Brad_SwiftFur is offline   Reply With Quote