No 12 85.71%
Yes 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2007, 03:15 PM   #11
Bus Crazy
Send a message via AIM to Steve
Re: Short Bus Could Be the Better Route

Originally Posted by OregonFan2008
I'm not sure what I would register a short bus as in the state of Oregon.
You would just register and insure it as whatever the original chassis was, for example a GMC 6500.
View my 1972 Ward: Topic from the Build : The Picture Gallery
View my 1986 Blue Bird: Topic from the Build : The Picture Gallery
View my 1960 GMC: Topic from the Build : The Picture Gallery
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:52 PM   #12
hey oregonfan2008, what part of oregon you from ?? im over hear in the n.w. corner of the state. inland from astoria 30 miles along the columbia river. go to these guys are in boring oregon. its right around portland. do a mapquest on it. they got busses up the ying-yang. alot more than they show on there web site. i got my 1984 crown from them. they will wheel and deal. good luck.. OH YA, THEY GOT ALL KINDS OF THOSE VAN TYPE BUSES
westport_wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:19 AM   #13

lol yeah ive definately heard about them im from the Portland area in Beaverton. When I go skiing at the mountain i pass through boring and I always see it. When I get ungrounded from driving ill problably just drive out there and browse.
OregonFan2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:20 PM   #14
Bus Nut
Well, having been 16 once myself, I can honestly tell you that your idea is way over your own head. Be that as it may, there is a positive side to this, especially to those of us who think this may be a very bad idea. Get the bus, do the conversion, get all that work out of the way. Go out there and party hard...

Eventually you'll get pulled by the Police...and I'm guessing this is not going to take a very long time on the grand scheme of things, and they will of course sieze and impound your bus.

Just think of what a wonderful opportunity you will be providing to the rest of us when that fully converted bus comes available at the police auction!!

You just might be a Redneck if...
...your motor home used to be a school bus!
...Your living room has a steering wheel!
...Your home has brake lights

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1989 Thomas Diesel Pusher (Cat 3208/Freightliner)
Chesapeake, Virginia
GoneCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:10 PM   #15
Bus Nut
Hopefully you are grounded because the 'rents caught you doing whatever before John Law thought that you needed bracelets, a ride to the graybar motel and an introduction to the judge and all of the accompanying legal fees and fines. Been there done that, got the T-shirt, spend your money someplace else. All that being said the partybus sounds like a lot of fun, but, I have to agree with some of the other posts, a skoolie conversion to travel & camp (think inconspicous, low profile) would be a blast, party after you park and don't tempt trouble. Be creative when looking for someplace to party/camp, KOA's and state parks are probably not the place to be loud and rowdy, but sports events, concerts, races, artfairs, etc can be a wild time.
paul iossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:16 AM   #16
I just wrote a msg about most of the party bus knowledge i have.
d_codebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:31 AM   #17
Bus Nut
I can see it now....

16 y.o. busnut: can I help you, officer

officer: kid, you got a cdl license? You got the entire high school junior class in this thing. you got the proper party bus paperwork in order?

16 y.o. busnut: why officer, this ain't no party bus. this here's a RAVE bus. Can I get you a bottled water?

officer: no thanks. step out of the par....uhhh rave bus, please
pete c is offline   Reply With Quote