Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2008, 05:12 PM   #1
Bus Geek

Re: Party Buses (In Buses In The News)

i think you probably have a very good point.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03

Apparently these guys have met with reasonable success at the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks. The business was started with a grant and has proven to be pretty popular. The buses are pretty simplistic, but I think that might be why they are successful. The buses are probably cheap to maintain. Still...the idea of a company of this nature being run by some college students DOES scare me a little. Personal liability is a hell of a thing...

http://clubexpressbus.com/
Old 07-02-2008, 10:10 PM   #3
Bus Nut

From the page: "a vertical safety pole to stay in shape" at least they have a since of humor.

Wasn't there post on here with a news clip showing cops busting "unsafe" skoolie/party buses in MN?
Old 07-02-2008, 11:50 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03

Yes there was down in the Twin Cities. This bus operates legally in North Dakota though it does make runs to Minnesota also being that Grand Forks, ND is only a river away from East Grand Forks, MN. The buses that got busted did not have adequate seating, licenses, inspections, etc and were allowing drinking onboard which is a no-no in Minnesota. I'm not sure about North Dakota's rules.

The idea of cost effective, available transportation within a college town such as Grand Forks is an idea that appeals to me. It would help everyone make more responsible decisions. I would just like to see it administered by the school or the city, both of which have public transportation programs in place already.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:43 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 diesel
Rated Cap: 14

I have run viking trips in a school/charter bus to the metrodome and allow the drinking in the bus. I never had a problem cause it is a bus company that runs the bus and is on the up and up. The local cops don't care about the drinking on the bus since they are not the ones driving. The buses that were getting nailed were pretty much party buses that were either used school buses or used city buses. The larger party bus operator in the metro http://www.oneplacetwoparty.com did have one bus that was nailed but I believe their stuff is on the up and up.I don't work for them.
wmah is offline   Reply With Quote