Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2010, 04:37 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: ward
Chassis: IH
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 72
Peroxide

An interesting little diddy:

'I would like to tell you of the benefits of that plain little old bottle of 3% peroxide you can get for under $1.00 at any drug store. My husband has been in the medical field for over 36 years, and most doctors don't tell you about peroxide, or they would lose thousands of dollars.'

1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. (I do it when I bathe)

No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash (Small print says mouth wash and gargle right on the bottle)

2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of 'Peroxide' to keep them free of germs.

3. Clean your counters, table tops with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.

4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.

5. I had fungus on my feet for years - until I sprayed a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry.

6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day. My husband has seen gangrene that would not heal with any medicine, but was healed by soaking in peroxide.

7. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.

8. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold, or plugged sinuses. It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes then blow your nose into a tissue.

9. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.

10 And of course, if you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. You will not have the peroxide burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages, but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, reddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually so it's not a drastic change.

11. Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin infections.

12. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there is blood on clothing, pour directly on the soiled spot. Let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.
13. I use peroxide to clean my mirrors, and there is no smearing which is why I love it so much for this.

I could go on and on. It is a little brown bottle no home should be without! With prices of most necessities rising, I'm glad there's a way to save tons of money in such a simple, healthy manner.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:55 PM   #2
Almost There

Coachwork: international
Chassis: thomas
Engine: 7.3
Rated Cap: 22
Re: Peroxide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabear
An interesting little diddy:

'I would like to tell you of the benefits of that plain little old bottle of 3% peroxide you can get for under $1.00 at any drug store. My husband has been in the medical field for over 36 years, and most doctors don't tell you about peroxide, or they would lose thousands of dollars.'

1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. (I do it when I bathe)

No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash (Small print says mouth wash and gargle right on the bottle)

2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of 'Peroxide' to keep them free of germs.

3. Clean your counters, table tops with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.

4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.

5. I had fungus on my feet for years - until I sprayed a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry.

6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day. My husband has seen gangrene that would not heal with any medicine, but was healed by soaking in peroxide.

7. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.

8. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold, or plugged sinuses. It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes then blow your nose into a tissue.

9. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.

10 And of course, if you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. You will not have the peroxide burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages, but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, reddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually so it's not a drastic change.

11. Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin infections.

12. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there is blood on clothing, pour directly on the soiled spot. Let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.
13. I use peroxide to clean my mirrors, and there is no smearing which is why I love it so much for this.

I could go on and on. It is a little brown bottle no home should be without! With prices of most necessities rising, I'm glad there's a way to save tons of money in such a simple, healthy manner.

Most simple home remedies don't work, but ' peroxide ' is amazing ! My husbnd was getting gum desease and I read to brush , gargle with it . In 3 weeks time gums were healed and that was several years ago and still great gums, not gams, though, haha.

We use it to brush teeth with at least 2 times a week. Also I have had 2 cavities in 22 years thanks to baking soda . It has been that long since i used chemicle filled toothpaste . Plus the money they charge for toothpaste with baking soda is rediculous.
shortstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:44 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

And don't forget Vinegar!
http://www.versatilevinegar.org/usesandtips.html
http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/

Borax
www.dialcorp.com/documents/borax.pdf
http://www.wackyuses.com/20mule.html

And for many other things
http://www.wackyuses.com/
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:06 PM   #4
Almost There

Coachwork: international
Chassis: thomas
Engine: 7.3
Rated Cap: 22

Thanks for the sites, I knew of some of the remedies, but found lots i didn't know about . I always keep vinga, and borax on hand . Borax goes into every wash load of clothes.
shortstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:50 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

When my girls were little they kept getting ear infections one winter. It seemed that they were always taking Amoxicillian. So I got tired of the cycle and stopped taking them to the doctor. I used olive oil (also called "sweet oil"), warmed it to where it was just slightly warm when tested by dropping on wrist (just like testing a baby bottle) and would put drops in their ears. Got rid of the infection and they had no more infections that year. Next winter, anytime they started getting an earache, I got out the warm olive oil. They never got an ear infection since. Even as adults the girls will use warm olive oil if they get an earache.

My family dislikes going to doctors almost as much as we dislike getting our picture taken. So we use home remedies a great deal. The key to home remedies/herbal remedies is to use them as soon as you feel like you are getting sick. Most home remedies will not hurt you. I can't say the same about prescription and over the counter drugs. I have used peroxide, vinegar, olive oil, salt water, & similar for years. And I still say Egg Drop Soup will cure a cold!
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:52 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Ford B-600
Engine: Ford 370 Propane
Rated Cap: 48

Just be careful with the home remedies and herbals. Many prescription and OTC drugs come from natural sources, they isolate the active ingredients and purify them into a measurable dose. Also, many people don't realize that natural remedies and herbals may interact with other medications or each other. St Johns Wort is one of the worst for interactions. Others can increase risk of bleeding. Used properly, herbals have their place and often work wonders, as long as you understand how they work and what interacts with what. It is just unfortunate that drug companies don't research more into herbals, but since it is impossible to patent a natural source, they prefer synthetic equivalents.
jkindt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:40 AM   #7
Bus Crazy

Year: 1965
Coachwork: thomas
Chassis: chevy
Engine: 350

I LIKE BEER it works for alot of things like spider bites and smashing yer finger with a hammer
timbuk is offline   Reply With Quote