Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2018, 11:38 PM   #1

Picking a bus

I and my fiance have been looking at different busses and trying to find one that would be big enough for our little family but small enough so that we don't have to worry about too much space. how big should our bus be?
a little about what we want in the bus.
people occupying: 2 and a baby on the way+ 3 cats and a service dog
Wants: shower, kinda big kitchen, enough space for a full bed and bassinet, and of course storage.
we are also going to try doing the off the grid living with solar panels. We are also very new to this.

Adventurous_Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 08:30 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: AMTRAM
Chassis: INT
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: Big Girl
Only you can awnser that for your self. My advise is go to an RV show or dealer check out some RVs paying attention to only length not width, most skoolies don’t have slides and see how you feel in each space. Feel best in a class A rig get a 40ft 14 15 window flat noise. Like a 20-25ft class C get dog nose short bus van style or short full sized chassis bus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurous_Marley View Post
I and my fiance have been looking at different busses and trying to find one that would be big enough for our little family but small enough so that we don't have to worry about too much space. how big should our bus be?
a little about what we want in the bus.
people occupying: 2 and a baby on the way+ 3 cats and a service dog
Wants: shower, kinda big kitchen, enough space for a full bed and bassinet, and of course storage.
we are also going to try doing the off the grid living with solar panels. We are also very new to this.
bigskypc50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 10:12 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Chassis: International
Engine: T444e w/ 2000 Allison Trans
Rated Cap: 35
I find this link (listed below) to be helpful. Each case from owner to owner is different. Also consider what type of driving you will be doing? rural roads, forest service roads, hills, mountains. If you plan on driving the roads less travelled a full size 40ft bus could be an issue. also consider where you will be staying, parking, etc. some campground and rv parks have length limits. Based on what I am using my bus for (family excusions, hunting, rural driving) I decided a 8 window dog nose would be the best for me, my wife, and 2 kids (7 and 3). You can see a link to my build thus far in my signature at the end of this post. best of luck to you.

Choosing the best bus body style for your build — Buslandia

Follow our build on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/skoolie_doo/
Rovobay is offline   Reply With Quote