Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2018, 11:07 AM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Amtrans
Chassis: Genesis
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 20 (9 window handicap)
QRT L Track compatibility

My handicap bus has some QRT L Track already mounted in the bus. Seems useful since I want to tie down a motorcycle back there. But they didn't leave any of the restraints in the bus, just the L track. All the brands that specialize in wheel chair restraints (BLVD, Sure-Lok and Q’Straint) are all expensive, because it deals with human safety. I was wondering if anyone knew of a compatible cargo tie down system that wasn't so pricey of if there is some rule of thumb for just making some hardware to tie into that track.

I'd like to reuse it but if its too big of a pain, it might be easier to just donate it to someone who needs it and put some Etrack in instead.

Tigerman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:08 PM   #2
Skoolie

Not that it helps too much, as planes are costly too, but I know that stuff as "airline track". Same stuff, right?

I had always sort of assumed the most expensive part is the track. Figured I'd find some someone pulled from a bus for use in my trailer someday.

Airline Track - Aircraft Seat Track & Aircraft Tie Down Track Fittings

Never priced the human hold down variety though.
ennonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:23 PM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Amtrans
Chassis: Genesis
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 20 (9 window handicap)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ennonne View Post
Not that it helps too much, as planes are costly too, but I know that stuff as "airline track". Same stuff, right?

I had always sort of assumed the most expensive part is the track. Figured I'd find some someone pulled from a bus for use in my trailer someday.

Airline Track - Aircraft Seat Track & Aircraft Tie Down Track Fittings

Never priced the human hold down variety though.
Good to know that it is also known as airline track. I was a bit nervous about 'airline' since anything that goes into a plane has to be approved and is way more expensive as well, but the link has some inexpensive tie down points, looks like just what I needed. Guess I should have googled on L track rather than QRT (of course I didn't know it was called L track till after I had googled QRT).

For reference a pack of 4 QRT straps (enough for one wheel chair) is $265 on amazon. I'd rather use conventional straps and the L track tie downs that you linked to. Thanks for you help
Tigerman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:29 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
E track runs about $4/ft. I plan some in the "garage" to tie down 2 motorcycles.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:11 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Ebayis your friend on some of this stuff.

Be careful when crossing parts beteen airline track and e track. They're not always the same.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:11 PM   #6
Skoolie

I used Ratchet Straps, Tie Down Straps, E Track Tie Downs, Cargo Straps - U.S. Cargo Control for my straps and goods to secure my bikes and other goodies in my short bus. Reasonably priced and they have "extras" too, not just straps. I ended up getting 18 custom straps, a dozen rings for regular straps and tie downs, and 2 helmet hooks all for a good price.
1940s 'Binder 7 window, man cave
Oldcarnut is offline   Reply With Quote