Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2007, 12:58 PM   #21
Bus Nut

Year: 1985
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 366 propane
Rated Cap: 56
Re: Scam The Scammer

And a fancy pen too! bwahahahaha! That is too funny!

-Richard

captainkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:25 PM   #22
Bus Nut

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH S1723
Engine: IH V345 Gas V8
Rated Cap: 66

Boy Jason, I'm sorry to hear you're losing your house! Maybe if you hadn't blown all the mortgage money on jacuzzi busses, you'd be better off. Or maybe you should have connected them all together and made a new house with a jacuzzi in every room!

Hey, I've got an old checkbook from an old closed account you can use for your business venture. It doesn't come with a fancy pen though , so I guess you probably wouldn't want it.

Man, this thread is a HOOT!

On a side note: how come the double 'z' in jacuzzi doesn't sound the same as the double 'z' in pizza!?!
Old 11-29-2007, 07:02 PM   #23
Bus Nut

pizza is italian. them guineas got funny pronunciations for lots of different letters. not as screwed up as english though.

jason, my retinas are bleeding after trying to read all that. how 'bout a reader's digest condensed version?
pete c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:31 PM   #24
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 diesel
Rated Cap: 14

It looks like Chris Hansen is doing a program on tv right now 7:30pm est. "to catch a con man". Next it is "To Catch an ID Thief". So if anyone here likes that it is on msnbc tv.
wmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:36 AM   #25
Bus Nut

I've been emailing a scammer back and forth for about a month now, and it's staring to get funny. This started when I posted a beater lumina on craigslist about a month ago. Here's some highlights.

FIRST EMAIL FROM THE SCAMMER:
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 03:44:52 -0800
>
>
>
> HI
> PLEASE GET BACK TO ME WITH THE LATEST CONDITION OF THIS ITEM AND YOUR FINAL ASKING PRICE OF THE ITEM AS AM AN AGENT AND MY CLIENT IS HIGHLY INTERESTED IN YOUR ITEM AND MY CLIENT WILL BE WILLING TO PAY YOU VIA CHECK...

...i AWAIT YOUR REPLY

I REPLY WITH:
> Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:14:22 -0500

> yes my item still for sale.
>
> My price is firm at 1,500 as I've had quite a few calls on it.
>
> Thank you
>
> My address is:
>
> 2300 De Hoop Ave SW
> Wyoming, MI 49509
> (616) 530-7300

NOTE - this is the address for the Wyoming (city I live in) police department

NEXT EMAIL BACK FROM THE SCAMMER

> Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 02:18:35 -0800
>
>
>
> SOUNDS GREAT I JUST GET OFF THE PHONE WITH MY CLIENT AND HE ACCEPTED THE PRICE AND HE TOLD ME TO GET BACK TO HIM WITH YOUR FULL INFORMATION SO HE CAN SEND YOU THE CHECK SO KINDLY GET BACK TO ME WITH SOME PICTURES OF THE ITEM AND YOUR FULL NAME AND ADDRESS AND ALSO YOUR PHONE NUMBER

THANKS.
> ALIS

I REPLY: - at this point the car is already sold, and the add is removed from craigslist

Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 10:54:13 -0500

Sure:

Edward P Edwardson
2300 Dehoop Ave
Wyoming, MI 49509

Phone: (616)530-7309

Thank you.
Ed.

EMAIL BACK FROM SCAMMER
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 05:26:30 -0800

Dear Edward,
I had forward your full name and addresss to my client that want to make the payment ok and he told me your check had been issued out and this will include the whole money he owes me which is $4,000. so i will like you to get back to me if you will be able to send the rest of the money after you deduct your money from it to my shipping company through western union money transfer to republic of benin, the Balance in question is for the clearing of all the goods i have been getting for my Clients and all this goods are at the seaport ok. i will come to where the items is for pickup ok. and I will like you to get back to me and confirm that this your name and address is correct

Edward P Edwardson
2300 Dehoop Ave
Wyoming, MI 49509

I await your reply thanks

I RESPOND
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 12:00:30 -0500

Yes all is correct. That sounds fine, if payment is a check, of course I;ll have to wait for the check to clear to protect me... but that shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks again,
Edward

SCAMMER REPLIES:
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 22:40:37 -0800

Am very sorry for get so late for the reply. i just be reading your mail now kindly get back tomeyou should have recieve the check by now .let me know what is going on with the check and my item and I Just want you to know that as soon as you have gotten the payment clear...

Here is the information you are to use for the transfer of the excess funds via Western Union .

SHIPPER INFORMATION...
NAMEaniel Marcus
Address: Carre 32 Attikamey Ave
City Cotonou
Zip Code: 00229

After the transfer of the funds you are to get back to me with the below information which i am to give to the shipper to get the money TODAY and schedule a time for the pickup.

I RESPOND - note I change my name from Edward to "fast" eddie
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:20:44 -0500

Yes I got the check yesterday, I went and cashed it. I hope you don't mind but I have a house payment overdue, so I had to pay that first. As soon as my disability check comes I'll get your money out to you. It shouldn't be more than a week or 2... 3 at the most.

Thanks again,
"Fast" Eddie

SCAMMER RESPONSE:
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:59:57 -0800

Sound good to me let me know how much is with you now may be you will need to send the money to my store keeper to start the paper work for the shipment ok. so that the shipper can schedule a date for the pick up and come for the pickup in your base. i await your reply

I RESPOND:
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 14:20:28 -0500

Well that's the problem.. I don't have any of the money with me right now. I had to borrow it to cover my house payment that's overdue - I was behind a few payments. I should be getting a divisibility check in about a month or so. When I do I will send it to you right away. If you want your shipper to come get the car it's ready to go.

thanks ,
Fast Eddie

NOW THE SCAMMER ISN'T TOO HAPPY
Look what ever your names is if you do not get back to me today with the western union information so i can use the money to schedule apick up for the car then i will call my bank to decleared your check as fraud and by that you will be powing the bank $4000 and your acount will be close for bringing in a fafjke check and you will be charge to court you use another person money without even asking to pay your own house and now you delay the person business did i not tell you that i am using this money to take care of the shipping and i hope you understand because i wil have to report you today if you did not get back to me with apoisitive answer thanks you infact how can you be so wicked to do such a thing well you get what is coming to you i have nothing to do with your house rent and i did not know what the hell you are think when you are using another person money inhope i see you in court and in prison for this thanks

they sent me this email 4 times... hahhahaa

I responded telling them to relax I only needed to borrow the money for 1-2 months... 3 months tops.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:07 PM   #26
Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American RE
Engine: Cummins 8.3
Rated Cap: 84

One of the most hilarious scam baiting sites I've seen is:

http://www.419eater.com/

The stuff they've gotten scammers to do is amazing.
dentarthurdent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:56 AM   #27
Almost There

I keep winning the UK National Lottery and drag them along for some laughs. Once you tell them you are flying over there with your girlfriend who is a kick-boxing lawyer they usually stop responding.

The last scam I just started getting last week is for an Italian Church giving out $650K grants. I told them I was starting a parakeet breeding service. Of course the initial scammer has a Thailand e-mail address but is claiming to be an agent of an Italian Church. Then a sister, supposedly in Italy, also has a Thailand Yahoo email account. She is putting me in touch with their Nigerian finance office, again, representing an Italian Church, who has an UK yahoo e-mail account. They do have a nice website all set up, in Italian of course...