Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2019, 02:21 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatt View Post
The felines are mutual.Attachment 35372
lol Now thats family friendly. lol

sunsetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 08:17 AM   #62
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
You betcha! [emoji41]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetbass View Post
lol Now thats family friendly. lol
That ginger tabby is trying to get the wiener dog in a family way...
Old 07-13-2019, 11:32 PM   #63
Mini-Skoolie

Its true yet untrue A School Bus used to transport kids is not supposed to be on the highway in some states .... But it dose not apply to a personally owned bus . Anywhere I can find and Asked law enforcement friends in 5 states to check on it . Alabama Georgia Texas and Nevada . It has to do with safety many places feel that keeping buses off highways reducing travel speeds and traffic helps lowers risk .

Its been sometime since I posted due to health issues was forced to get out of the conversion racket . Hope to recover enough to get back in things one day .
Old 07-13-2019, 11:41 PM   #64
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wolf View Post
Its true yet untrue A School Bus used to transport kids is not supposed to be on the highway in some states .... But it dose not apply to a personally owned bus . Anywhere I can find and Asked law enforcement friends in 5 states to check on it . Alabama Georgia Texas and Nevada . It has to do with safety many places feel that keeping buses off highways reducing travel speeds and traffic helps lowers risk .

Its been sometime since I posted due to health issues was forced to get out of the conversion racket . Hope to recover enough to get back in things one day .
Just about every road in my county is a state or county highway and the school buses couldn't get to school without using them. In Dawson county, Ga. you can't get to the school without going on Hwy9 or Hwy53.. State Hwy400 runs through the county and buses run it everyday. I'm sure ECCB's bus saw many miles on interstate Hwy20
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 11:44 PM   #65
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wolf View Post

If this is correct there are an awful lot of kids in Texas with a really walk to school.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 04:36 AM   #66
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Just about every road in my county is a state or county highway and the school buses couldn't get to school without using them. In Dawson county, Ga. you can't get to the school without going on Hwy9 or Hwy53.. State Hwy400 runs through the county and buses run it everyday. I'm sure ECCB's bus saw many miles on interstate Hwy20
I guess all that highway use is why they made it capable of 80mph !
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 08:01 AM   #67
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I just finished a 400 mile weekend on the highways of I-70,I-74, and I-465....

coming home I parked right next to 3 DOT trucks in ohio. that were inspecting truckers.. got a thumb up from one of them.. the rest ignored me..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 10:22 AM   #68
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
When I was driving school buses (as actual school buses) in New Hampshire, the daily school routes were not allowed to go on the highway. However, if you were doing a charter, field trip, etc. you could use the highway if that was the significantly shorter / faster.
It may be in many districts, the daily route for school buses are set up to avoid using the highways - but I have never seen it as a law.