Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2009, 07:37 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

schoolBusconversionNuts...yahoo group

what is the deal between these two sites? I have seen a few comments here about the yahoo groups, and I for one dont care for the seach function , but I have gleened some info from it. While looking there today i find this....YOU DEFINITELY need to goto skoolienet cause you're too EFFIN IGNORANT for schoolieconversion.-arkansascajun. What gives?

kenfoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:43 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Re: schoolBusconversionNuts...yahoo group

Arky has a God complex. Don't worry, I'm sure he'll post here shortly. You see, despite the fact that most of us are banned from his site, we still allow him to post (troll?) here.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:50 PM   #3
Bus Nut

And you may rest assured, now that you have posted that about him here... you too will be banned (if you're not already). Don't be alarmed, you are now in the right place!!

You just might be a Redneck if...
...your motor home used to be a school bus!
...Your living room has a steering wheel!
...Your home has brake lights

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1989 Thomas Diesel Pusher (Cat 3208/Freightliner)
Chesapeake, Virginia
GoneCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:01 PM   #4
Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: C60
Engine: Chevy 7.4l 454 FI
Rated Cap: 59

I read that too, not sure who he is or the details of why the members here are banned there.... the issue I have is it was like they dont want conversion pics over there showing a stock bus, then seats out, floor rust treatments, etc. for over a year now I have looked at all these very type of pictures here. I got a great understanding of what I would be getting into AND how to do it. I have went with some others ideas and been able to come up with some of my own. I look at all the pics here to see what others have done, how other makes/models of buses differ. I sometimes never read all the posts in a thread cause alot of them fall into kind of a chat type thing, back and forth chatter. This is the only site I frequent but I am liking Smitty's board idea. keeps the chatter out and all the conversion neatly organized.
ramairws601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:55 AM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

One thing that cannot be argued - the Yahoo Groups interface is one of the worst piles ever. =D

-m
mouse059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:48 AM   #6
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse059
One thing that cannot be argued - the Yahoo Groups interface is one of the worst piles ever. =D

-m
I agree. The Yahoo setup is way to cumbersome for me to find useful. I enjoy the ease of use of Forums setup like this one. I also find this website and it's group of folks fun and informative.
Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:39 PM   #7
Bus Nut

Quote:
I read that too, not sure who he is or the details of why the members here are banned there...
Not sure about everyone, but for me, mere membership here got me booted out of the disfuntional yahoo bus site. I'm much happier here anyway, far more functional, and infinitely better for obtaining needed information. The best part is, the people that run this site are friendly pleasant people that are easy to get along with as opposed too dealing with attitudes and snide comments.

You just might be a Redneck if...
...your motor home used to be a school bus!
...Your living room has a steering wheel!
...Your home has brake lights

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1989 Thomas Diesel Pusher (Cat 3208/Freightliner)
Chesapeake, Virginia
GoneCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:03 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

Wow, booted just beacause your a member of this site? Well I wonder when my time will come if this is true.
kenfoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:29 AM   #9
Bus Crazy

Year: 1965
Coachwork: thomas
Chassis: chevy
Engine: 350

not sure why we havent been entertained by the mighty may as well just call him out or thats enough of it already WHODAT?
timbuk is offline   Reply With Quote