Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2019, 01:45 PM   #21
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
Oh, hell's no!
Unlike US pennies, which began to be minted after 1982 using Cu-clad zinc slugs, I'm pretty sure Canadian cents are still pure copper!
So prolly worth more as scrap metal than as fungible lucre..!

Old 06-08-2019, 02:03 PM   #22
Bus Crazy

Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haz.matt.1960 View Post
Oh, hell's no!
Unlike US pennies, which began to be minted after 1982 using Cu-clad zinc slugs, I'm pretty sure Canadian cents are still pure copper!
So prolly worth more as scrap metal than as fungible lucre..!
likely true and no longer produced - cash sales are now rounded off to the nearest nickle - only in plastic transactions is 1 cent calculated now - it's likely that every Canadian household has a jar or jar of pennies tucked away somewhere, amounting to $Billions of dollars stuck in the back of cupboards somewhere - one of our locals came up with this idea to commemorate the penny, with the idea if everyone donated their pennies to charity - - - - - 'The World's Largest Penny'
Attached Thumbnails
salmo penny.jpg  
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 08:42 PM   #23
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
I have a little experimental box that I built out of sheet metal from my bus. I cut holes in the bottom, attempt to patch them in whatever way I'm experimenting with, then fill the box with water to see if the patches hold (the first thing I tested is using cork as a gasket material underneath patches, and I'm glad I tested first because it's like cork accelerates the water through it).

This afternoon I tried covering 3/8" holes with Dynatron-500, one with just that stuff and one where I added a tiny flat wad of steel wool to the dynatron on the theory that it would work kind of like fiberglass. They're both watertight, although the one without the steel wool is pretty floppy and seems like it could poke out pretty easy. The steel-wool-reinforced dynatron seems like it isn't going anywhere.
Old 06-09-2019, 08:56 PM   #24
Bus Crazy

Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by musigenesis View Post
I have a little experimental box that I built out of sheet metal from my bus. I cut holes in the bottom, attempt to patch them in whatever way I'm experimenting with, then fill the box with water to see if the patches hold (the first thing I tested is using cork as a gasket material underneath patches, and I'm glad I tested first because it's like cork accelerates the water through it).

This afternoon I tried covering 3/8" holes with Dynatron-500, one with just that stuff and one where I added a tiny flat wad of steel wool to the dynatron on the theory that it would work kind of like fiberglass. They're both watertight, although the one without the steel wool is pretty floppy and seems like it could poke out pretty easy. The steel-wool-reinforced dynatron seems like it isn't going anywhere.
years ago a car buff buddy used copper Brillo pads for backing Bondo when filling holes - copper doesn't rust
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 09:15 PM   #25
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddgracer View Post
years ago a car buff buddy used copper Brillo pads for backing Bondo when filling holes - copper doesn't rust

Not directly, but it DOES oxidize.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statue..._Liberty_7.jpg
Mark_In_MA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor holes, hole filling, recommendations, seal floor holes