Old 09-10-2009, 04:30 PM   #11
Bus Geek
Re: Shipping a bus by train...

I was also interested in this option some years ago. I thought it would be nice to ship my bus to gerlach nevada, then drive the 5 minutes to burningman instead of the 5K mile roundtrip journey i usually take.

I didn't have much luck finding prices, but i eventually decided it would probaly be cheaper to buy a bus just for BM, then i could find a place to park it out in nevada and just fire it up once a year. except a bus that only runs once per year would probably end up with all kinds of issues.

They make slightly oversized shipping containers, and a bus may or may not fit inside. We had a thread about this, and a bus definately will NOT fit in a standard shipping container.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes (who will watch the watchmen?)
lapeer20m is offline   Reply With Quote