Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2016, 12:43 PM   #1
Skoolie

SHORTY Is Denver Bound

West bound and down loaded up and bussing,.

I almost cried looking at it for last time. Funny how you can greive over a thing.

Found out we had the bus since Feb.22,2006. Time flys when your having fun. Till 12 noon today. Its now registered as an RV.

A very nice person is now the proud owner of Shorty.

International is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 02:16 PM   #2
Skoolie

Change to west bound and down. Like this old song, my friends brother was a trucker.

https://youtu.be/b0lvT0ANLGY
Old 09-16-2016, 03:45 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Chassis: GMC or Chevrolet, I hope
Engine: gasser probably
Nothing lasts for ever Time for your next project!

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2016, 08:20 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Engine: 366 Big block Chevy! :) w/ Stick shift
i am connected to my GMC truck like soul travelers. It's profound how wonderful i feel dring down the road with it. I am grateful to have lived long enough to know that's as good as it gets for me, and that a faster, prettier, newer truck couldn't equal the connection i feel with it.
Carytowncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 03:51 AM   #5
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner ER
Engine: 3208 CAT/MT643 tranny
Rated Cap: 87
We've got the same connection with HF. She's one incredible bus. This evening my wife told me she actually wants to learn how to drive HF! Understand the largest vehicle she's driven has been a short bed F250 king cab puck up truck! That pick up was about 15 feet long. That's how much HF has grown on our family!

The more I work on her, drive her, and so on, the more I enjoy her.

I understand how the loss of a vehicle can be.

My dad had a '77 Pontiac Bonneville. Sweet car. Two tone red, two door coupe. She was a beauty. My dad told me if things worked out the car was mine. A drunk smashed into the rear end and totaled it two weeks before I was to get it. I was really ticked off. I felt like I lost my independence. In a way, I did. But eventually I got over it. Looking back I still miss that car. It was such a cool car back then.....

M
Old 09-17-2016, 11:03 AM   #6
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oricha1984 View Post
Nothing lasts for ever Time for your next project!

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

Shorty was the the other way to go so we had to replace it fast in case old van did'nt start.

Soon as we left DMV, came back and neighbor had a 1986 4 cylinder pickup. So we got it for $500. Will need lots of work so there is our ' other project'.

But no climbing scaffolds to work or ladders before we got scaffold. I'm going on 70 and did most of the climbing. Mopping the top is a job for an old lady, scaffold made it so much safer and easier.

That $219 scaffold from Home Depot was so worth it for home jobs. Safer and easy to put up and take down.
Old 09-17-2016, 11:18 AM   #7
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carytowncat View Post
i am connected to my GMC truck like soul travelers. It's profound how wonderful i feel dring down the road with it. I am grateful to have lived long enough to know that's as good as it gets for me, and that a faster, prettier, newer truck couldn't equal the connection i feel with it.
We think anything you put so much work into becomes special especially if it didn't coem easy to begin with, I waited for years for my bus. All good thing must come to an end. Will find another way to have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1031A1 View Post
We've got the same connection with HF. She's one incredible bus. This evening my wife told me she actually wants to learn how to drive HF! Understand the largest vehicle she's driven has been a short bed F250 king cab puck up truck! That pick up was about 15 feet long. That's how much HF has grown on our family!

The more I work on her, drive her, and so on, the more I enjoy her.

I understand how the loss of a vehicle can be.

My dad had a '77 Pontiac Bonneville. Sweet car. Two tone red, two door coupe. She was a beauty. My dad told me if things worked out the car was mine. A drunk smashed into the rear end and totaled it two weeks before I was to get it. I was really ticked off. I felt like I lost my independence. In a way, I did. But eventually I got over it. Looking back I still miss that car. It was such a cool car back then.....

M
i had a van years ago I loved too, took many trips loaded with grandkids to the beach, mountians etc. Took a couple of them to The Keys Snorkling, went out to reef first time for all of us that far out. We taught those little strangers how to skate, fish, swim, snorkle, skin dive, sing,dance and we attemted snow sking in Gatlinburg. Was fun.They had a big laugh when I busted my buns on ice.