Old 06-11-2019, 08:58 PM   #31
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminusprime View Post
I saw a few containing only skoolie as the domain name with some of the more recent tlds, but nothing too specific. I miss the days of .com's and .nets being the only major tlds before we had things like .fun and .blue.

I used to use GoDaddy before they changed their support structure, they are still hands down the nicest people to talk to for support but their higher tier tech teams are very lacking IMO. I switched to namecheap about 5-6 years ago and been quite pleased with their hosting/vps'/domain availability.

Generally for specific domain names a nice whois search finds any needed info, and ICANN always has the full lists of valid TLD's.
—//:
Gosh you’re sooo right! Back then they were DNS... now TLD’s ... I’m surprised people don’t get it confused with TLC’s— Haha!

Do you know your content yet? I wonder if you can create your own DNS root hints... probably not, but the domain extensions are now like you said, just about everything. Maybe they already have a skoolie extension. I think they have .cab and who knows maybe they even have .coach... and if creating your own extension is not an application now, that will probably be, the next step.
Dèsirée is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:05 PM   #32
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
What kind of convertible car are you envisioning towing your home with? Truck, SUV, or van are what most would suggest. Unless you're talking about some sort of micro camper.

And yes buses are very expensive to maintain and repair if you're paying someone to do it all.
—-///
You see that’s the issue.. I will need an SUV. So no matter what, I can’t win!

Saw a skoolie today.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:37 AM   #33
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredman View Post
I always find it odd that so many people are ready to pull the trigger on skoolie/life before talking to a single skoolie owner?
—-//:
I wish I didn’t have to quit, and I wish, I could find a good bus. But i’m Not well versed, much less mechanically inclined.

I saw one on eBay that coughs my eye, auction ends today. It’s a shorty 2004 with a Cat. engine, 144k miles.

The owner is very accommodating as well. I was going to bid, but I don’t feel comfortable bidding without anyone looking at the details first.

The bus is in Texas, so naturally, that’s another issue. But as I said, the owner is willing to work with the buyer, so maybe I should just call him and see what he says.