Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2023, 10:11 PM   #41
Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummins 5.9
I wound up here due to being 8 months into the build and feeling like it will never end and I’m only on the roof raise skinning phase. We really need to be done by December. We’ll transition from working part time to full time on the bus in august. Besides that though i don’t know if we can do it. I’d love To hear if your 7 weeks plan was accomplished?

Nick5272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 08:13 AM   #42
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: Integrated Coach Corp.
Chassis: RE-300 42ft
Engine: 466ci
Rated Cap: 90
Incomplete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick5272 View Post
I wound up here due to being 8 months into the build and feeling like it will never end and I’m only on the roof raise skinning phase. We really need to be done by December. We’ll transition from working part time to full time on the bus in august. Besides that though i don’t know if we can do it. I’d love To hear if your 7 weeks plan was accomplished?
DiscoMoose started this thread on 01-27-2018 and has not logged into skoolie.net since 04-23-2019. Which was six months after his last_post on 10-30-2018 regarding floor insulation, not yet installed.

Nine months and no flooring. My guess is that the conversion was not finished.
DeMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 08:36 AM   #43
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: FS65
Engine: Mercedes 6.4L
Rated Cap: just the 2 of us
I'd say that most people under estimate the hours needed to complete a conversion. I say hours, because that's how it gets done, a few hours here and a few hours there. Even though I'm "retired", there weren't many days that I was able to devote solely to my bus.
BarnYardCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 08:50 AM   #44
Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Yes, seven weeks sounded pretty audacious. I tried to over estimate the time needed for things but it still didn’t come close to reality. Self teaching everything and having to work around whiney neighbors have severely limited the “hours” I can work. Moreover, the strain it occasionally puts on my newly wed marriage isn’t something I take lightly. So just having to pause now to really evaluate whether we can feasibly do this in the time frame we’d need to
Nick5272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 01:16 PM   #45
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: Cummins 350 big cam
Rated Cap: 86 passengers?
I bought my "new Crown" in July 2019 and I am still working on it. There are things I have completed on it. Water plumbing is done, propane plumbing is done. Shower is done. Solar power system is done. Most of the inside framing is done. In that time an engine replacement and gear ratio change was done (expensive too). Is it worth it? Probably. My first crown wasn't quick either.
flattracker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, new bus owners, project, timeline