Old 05-12-2006, 10:54 AM   #11
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Ken
I just wish the bus could be a skoolie? I also miss not being able to preview the latests posts to the Forum. I guess I also miss the home-made feel to the home page, which I found very appealing, as we are all personally crafting our conversions so in a way our skoolies are "home-made". Sometimes change is not better, it's just different. I realize this is all very subjective and that I am a minority of one. Bottom line, I still love the site and will continue to tell people about it.
I said the same thing on one of the other "skoolie.net revision" posts. I missed being able to see the recent posts. Steve responded & let us know that the old site is still up and running at;

http://www.skoolie.net/index.php

I bookmarked it & use it all the time now.

Oh and here's a link to the other post;

http://www.skoolie.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1258#8724
Old 05-12-2006, 05:59 PM   #12
Skoolie

new face lift

hey zen-ken, i am with you on the new skoolie site. the new make over is nice and all ,but i also miss being able to check the recent posts on the home page. i also would much rather look at pics of steves cornbinder than that fancy bus that no one -encluding myself- can figure out what it is. what is it ? maybe a thomas fancyed up ??? i am going to use this site as long as its running. no disrespect to the new. just my preferance.
westport_wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:08 PM   #13
Bus Nut

Year: 1985
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 366 propane
Rated Cap: 56
Quote:
For those who are wondering the bus on the front page is a beautiful Blue Bird that I camped next to two years ago in Iowa City.

-Steve

This is what steve posted a while ago about the new site in another area.

-Richard
captainkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:33 AM   #14
Mini-Skoolie

I think the site looks killer . Cutting edge I really like the way it morphs and looks very high end . The motor coach looks are inconsequential , the graphics of the school buses says it all . You cant make silk purse out sows ear . http://www.btropical.com http://www.enterguard.com
racetearoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:19 AM   #15
Mini-Skoolie

racetearoffs,
I think you are mistaken. The people on the island of Jarotama in the South Pacific make some beautiful bags from the exotic swine moth. I think they would be offended by you dismissing their achievement.
1993 Amtran (Ward) 77 Passenger body on an International frame. DT360, Allison 545 AT. The avatar is my first skoolie, "The Rocket" may it Rust In Peace. Follow the links at the bottom to see the horrible details at http://www.gentlekharma.com
Be Amazing
Zen Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:54 PM   #16
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Hey Steve...riddle me this....I was trying the "old site" like you said and it works fine in IE, but when I opened it in Mozilla it brought me to the new homepage. Is one of my Mozilla plug-ins causing that maybe or is it just the difference in the architecture of the two browsers? I've just never seen that before. I love Mozilla, but you can't get rid of IE on XP Besides...IE does handle FTP a little better for me the two times a year I use it.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:06 PM   #17

Thanks for posting the link to the old site. Believe it or not, some of us country folk are stuck having to use 28K baud. Local phone system has not been upgraded to 56K baud (digital network). Phone system has to have at least 56K baud to even consider DSL. Cable is not routed here yet either. Satalite is far to expensive. So, it's 28 Kbaud max. When you migrate to heavy graphics, we tend to become discouraged.
Dave
Winchesterman50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:34 AM   #18
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_experience03
Hey Steve...riddle me this....I was trying the "old site" like you said and it works fine in IE, but when I opened it in Mozilla it brought me to the new homepage. Is one of my Mozilla plug-ins causing that maybe or is it just the difference in the architecture of the two browsers? I've just never seen that before. I love Mozilla, but you can't get rid of IE on XP Besides...IE does handle FTP a little better for me the two times a year I use it.
Thats wierd, it works fine with Mozilla for me. I never use IE unless a site says I have to which isint very often.

I wish I could tell ya why it works for me & not you but I have no clue, just letting you know that it does work.