Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-14-2018, 03:04 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 14
Skoolies On TV

Hi. I'm a writer/producer associated with a commercial video production company. To me, the Skoolie experience is a natural for a TV program - similar to Tiny House Hunters, etc. I am putting together a proposal that would feature a fun, outgoing kind of nutty couple who would be "hosts". I am looking for experts in everything Skoolie - from buying, converting, living, traveling, etc. Is that you? Do you know anyone? Has it been done before? Is there a similar show already in production? Love to hear your thoughts. Reply directly to Hideawaymusic@gmail.com. Put Skoolie in the subject line.
Hideawaymusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 03:57 PM   #2
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Port angeles, Wa
Posts: 202
Year: 90
Coachwork: bluebird conventional
Chassis: international
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 72
I like this idea very much and would even like to participate. You need to remember tho that most of us aren't experts by any means. We just take the concept and run with it. Sometimes just running with it and hitting a wall, climbing over it and keep going.
I actually think this would make a very entertaining and informative show. Just make sure that most of your subjects are every day folks like most of the schoolie members.
bluebird90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 04:37 PM   #3
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Picton,Ont, Can.
Posts: 776
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: Cat 3116
Rated Cap: 72
For sure there is lots of talent and ability in this skoolie world.

Isn't using a couple rather discriminatory, not that I would want to be host?

You have both ends of the spectrum from using imagination to those who well, shouldn't even consider a skoolie without some mechanical/electrical background. You have to admire their desire but often they loose hard earned money to scrupulous garages in repair bills.
It's not all shite and briney as you make this sound. Lots of heartbreak and hard learned lessons.
And how much do you stand to reap by doing this before we discuss remuneration for the host/hostesses. Talented people deserve to be well paid no? If the host/hostesses haven't got a clue, you have a flop for a show.
Single people also have brilliant minds when it comes to building a skoolie, so what is in it for them to divulge that information?

John
__________________
Question everything!
BlackJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 05:35 PM   #4
Bus Nut
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 721
If Honey BooBoo could get a show, I don't see why a Skoolie show wouldn't work.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:38 PM   #5
Bus Geek
 
Robin97396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Willamina, Oregon
Posts: 6,154
Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
There is certainly enough ham on this forum.
__________________
Robin
Nobody's Business
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:37 AM   #6
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJohn View Post
For sure there is lots of talent and ability in this skoolie world.

Isn't using a couple rather discriminatory, not that I would want to be host?

You have both ends of the spectrum from using imagination to those who well, shouldn't even consider a skoolie without some mechanical/electrical background. You have to admire their desire but often they loose hard earned money to scrupulous garages in repair bills.
It's not all shite and briney as you make this sound. Lots of heartbreak and hard learned lessons.
And how much do you stand to reap by doing this before we discuss remuneration for the host/hostesses. Talented people deserve to be well paid no? If the host/hostesses haven't got a clue, you have a flop for a show.
Single people also have brilliant minds when it comes to building a skoolie, so what is in it for them to divulge that information?

John
The reason I said a couple was because I was following the model for many successful reno shows on HGTV and DIY. The Flip or Flop shows all feature a couple and I think that's what appealing to audiences. I know it's going to be difficult to find a perfect combination of personality and real know-how but that's my challenge. Naturally, there would be pay if the show was picked up and broadcast. Thanks for your input. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Hideawaymusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:39 AM   #7
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
If Honey BooBoo could get a show, I don't see why a Skoolie show wouldn't work.
I agree! Any suggestions?
Hideawaymusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:46 AM   #8
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird90 View Post
I like this idea very much and would even like to participate. You need to remember tho that most of us aren't experts by any means. We just take the concept and run with it. Sometimes just running with it and hitting a wall, climbing over it and keep going.
I actually think this would make a very entertaining and informative show. Just make sure that most of your subjects are every day folks like most of the schoolie members.
Thanks for your input. If you're familiar with reno shows like Flip or Flop, Tiny House Hunters, Fixer Upper, etc. you can see what I'm going for in terms of "hosts". Tons of personality, know-how, etc. Seems to be a successful model for these shows. It's going to be a challenge but I believe there must be a skoolie "guru" out there somewhere.
Hideawaymusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:46 AM   #9
Bus Crazy
 
brokedown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: St Petersburg, FL
Posts: 1,061
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
Hey, we're a couple with a bus and I can pretend to be an expert. And people always say we're a couple of nut jobs.
brokedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:30 AM   #10
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokedown View Post
Hey, we're a couple with a bus and I can pretend to be an expert. And people always say we're a couple of nut jobs.
Can you send me some photos -- you, your bus and any other info about you and your partner's experience, etc? Send to Hideawaymusic@gmail.com. Looking forward to hearing from you. Brian
Hideawaymusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.