Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2007, 09:33 PM   #1
Bus Nut

SonnyMerryman (VA bus dealer)

I was interested in some buses at SonnyMerryman in Virginia. Some of you may have seen these 1990 MVP's on their website for $2000. I asked the salesman some questions about these buses and his reply included this:

"You can buy one if you so choose or not,it makes no difference to me. On a side note,I have them all priced in an export deal so if this transaction goes thru there won't be any available anyway."

I WON'T be doing business with them!!!!!

Note:
Ive edited out the gentleman's name. I feel it wasn't fair of me to publicly denounce his practices by name. Maybe he was just having a bad day, but I still won't do business there.

bdavis441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 12:23 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
No kidding. It took Tim at United Truck Body a year and a half to teach Spanish to an All American 84 pax with air ride, air brakes, and an 8.3 Cummins.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:21 PM   #3
Bus Nut

what?
Old 05-19-2007, 02:33 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Tim occasionally sells a bus or two to an export company as well, but they sit on his lot and I don't think he works two deals at once. Ath the very least he isn't a complete jackass!
Old 05-21-2007, 08:03 PM   #5
Bus Nut

I bought mine from City of Harrisonburg via publicsurplus.com.... I called and talked to the guy in the bus barn who answered all my questions, provided me a description of what it needed etc. When I went to pick it up, it had been sitting for some time and wouldn't start right up...they sent a guy up the hill to help me out, spent 2 hours getting the Behemoth started.... it hasn't failed to start since then...that was 18 months ago!! It was a SonnyMerriman supplied bus, but the city was much easier to work with... Lots of buses available at publicsurplus.com!!

You just might be a Redneck if...
...your motor home used to be a school bus!
...Your living room has a steering wheel!
...Your home has brake lights

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1989 Thomas Diesel Pusher (Cat 3208/Freightliner)
Chesapeake, Virginia
GoneCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:15 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Re: Jeff Cohen at SonnyMerryman (VA bus dealer)

I ended up putting a deposit on a bus from Greg Archambault (floridachurchbus.com) He is absolutely wonderful to deal with. I highly recommend him to anyone.