Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2007, 09:47 PM   #1
Bus Nut

special message for all skoolie.net members

Skoolie.net members are the BEST! I frequent some other sites for technical information, mainly four-wheel-drive stuff. Most sites are full of attitudes, know-it-alls, and people just waiting around to slam others posts. They equate post count to experience on the subject. All of the people here are great! no attitudes, no BS. Disagreements are handled respectfully and the knowledge base is unsurpassed. Some of the 4x4 sites seem to be full of jr. high school kids with super smartass attitudes. If they disagree with you, you might even get complete videos made about defeating you, or at the least a picture of someone in a compromising act with your username on them. Ridiculous! I think we are a different type of people here. I think someone who builds a skoolie is mature, disciplined, creative, and unique. Everyone here should be proud of how we conduct ourselves and the general good vibe this site gives off.
Thanks everyone! You're the best!

bdavis441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:19 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Re: special message for all skoolie.net members

Buy a red star and use the search function!

Sorry...I'm just so used to that response on a certain other board....
Old 06-10-2007, 11:45 PM   #3
Skoolie

Oh no!!! I am having flashbacks of a one eyed, sword carrying kinda guy.

I know exactly what you mean.
eggman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 diesel
Rated Cap: 14

I think when someone says "use the search fuction" It is their way of saying "I don't know, but if you search you might find the answer you are looking for"
Those are the type of boards I don't visit much just cause of the answers that are given. And they often have post counts at 2500 in a few months and then the post messages that are pointless such as "look at me I hit 100 posts today". And when someone gives an answer to a question they will get in there and go with something simple to make themselfs look smart such as "I agree with username" or "dido". Or if the new user posts in the wrong section they all like to get in there and play cop "weclome..... read the guide lines and post in the propper section" and they never answer the question.

I say if they can't post something usefull to a uestion they shouldn't post at all.
wmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:11 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03

It doesn't help when certain boards have a search function that rarely works at all and when it does work it returns horrible results. Like I've said to Steve before...I'll happily pay to help keep this one alive because it rawks without question.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:56 PM   #6
Almost There

I too know the site you're refering to, I don't go there at all anymore.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:54 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Hey Guys...

This thread has a familiar ring to it...
It seems like we have all had pretty much the same experience with other forums.
I feel like I'm in good company.

Take care...
KaptnKAOS

Olde Skool '68 Ford Bluebird bus "Shorty"
https://rides.webshots.com/album/559029491BwEQCZ
KaptnKAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:12 PM   #8
Bus Nut

yes, I feel like I'm in good company too. I'm even between buses right now, but there's no place like home! I'm also glad there's an Everything Else forum here too. There's alot of knowledge here besides just buses.
bdavis441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:03 PM   #9
Skoolie

Year: 1950
Coachwork: don't know
Chassis: cheverolet
Engine: to be determined
Rated Cap: 28

I'm new to this board myself, I am equally impressed with the members here. I have not seen one synide or rude remark yet.
I also think our demographic is middle aged married family men. I think that helps.
I just bought my first cool bus have not even got it home yet its about a 150 miles from home, and it will need to be trailered home.
Its a 1950 chevy don't even know the coachwork just love the curvey aristreamed rear end with 50 truck front end I think it looks really cool
I am a bodyman / mechanic so this should be a really fun project for me. I am afraid it will end up looking like a hot rod
Anyways If i can help in any way let me know opinions are always free, and so is my advice. When I was in my 20's I worked on big rigs in an alignment and frame shop. Alignment i do know about. enough about me
just wanted tell everbody how impressed i am with thier hospitality and willingness to help each other
Dale
ps. how do I figure who made the coach I don't recall seeing any other names inside it (if it's on th title the former owner is going to mail me the title next week) this maybe a really dumb question but I am a newbe to skoolies
delbertinie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:44 PM   #10
Mini-Skoolie

Hey delbertinie....

welcome to the forum...
I know whatchamean about the old buses... they're just cool
You don't have to give them a personality, they have their own.
I like the old busses myself...
I'm neither a bodyman nor mechanic, nor anthing else that I otta be to own one of these, but I love my 68 Ford Bluebird shorty "Olde Skool".
We have had many adventures already, and she hasn't left the driveway since I drove her home.

Good luck with your project... can't wait to see some pics.

You can check out the pics of Olde Skool by following the link below...

Take care
KaptnKAOS

Olde Skool '68 Ford Bluebird bus "Shorty"
https://rides.webshots.com/album/559029491BwEQCZ
KaptnKAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:23 PM   #11
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by delbertinie
I'm new to this board myself, I am equally impressed with the members here. I have not seen one synide or rude remark yet.
I also think our demographic is middle aged married family men. I think that helps.
I just bought my first cool bus have not even got it home yet its about a 150 miles from home, and it will need to be trailered home.
Its a 1950 chevy don't even know the coachwork just love the curvey aristreamed rear end with 50 truck front end I think it looks really cool
You, sir, are doing what my life's dream is. Some people dream of a 1968 Mustang....others of a Model T....some people want a slammed S-10.....I want a 1940's or 1950's vintage Wayne or Superior coach to play with. I dream of picking up one on a 1.5 ton frame....I'd modernize and modify it with a Chevy 14bolt dually rear and 2wd 1 ton chevy coil style front suspension....a big block....air suspension on every corner...and plenty of chrome while still holding on to that nostalgia (8 foot sidepipes?). But...and this is a big but....I would never THINK of changing the body other than perhaps some very short side skirts to make it look that much lower. Did I mention I'm actually a 4wd guy so ground clearance is USUALLY what I'm looking for?

As for the demographic...I think you're pretty right on with it. I guess I'm an exception as I'm only 22 and certainly not married, but hey...I wanted to get the toys BEFORE a ring. My understanding is it's just easier that way.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:46 PM   #12
Skoolie

I really want a set big slicks under the rear slammed in the front a set of zoomies stickin out just in front of the slicks
I have been involved in scca race car building for years and build race cars out of glass so I am dreaming about remaking the bus from windshield back restyling it as I go deleting windows adding rv doors and sloping the rear even more adding caddy bullet taillights ect.
but for now I just need to get it rolling its been dormant for years. Dreams are also more plentiful than dollars
thanks for accepting me into the community. just really think this thing is cool. cptn did you get your wipper lose yet try heat
dale
Old 07-17-2007, 09:58 PM   #13
Skoolie

wayne
play now because you will pay latter and pay and pay v responsibility ya know but being married has its own rewards too
wouldn't trade it for the world, I fit the demographic and just know became debt free and able to play with my toys again and my wife supports me she's realyy great and has been planning out my skoolie too expecially the interior design
Dale
Old 07-18-2007, 04:00 AM   #14
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by delbertinie
wayne
play now because you will pay latter and pay and pay v responsibility ya know but being married has its own rewards too
wouldn't trade it for the world, I fit the demographic and just know became debt free and able to play with my toys again and my wife supports me she's realyy great and has been planning out my skoolie too expecially the interior design
Dale

My name is Andrew. Wayne is the manufacturer of my bus' coachwork.

You and I seem to have mighty similar ideas as to what an old bus should look like.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:23 PM   #15
Skoolie

sorry Andrew I am a real newbe I know don't even know my own coach work found it in a field just know its a 50 chevy with a nice curvacious rear. its not even home yet haven't even got the title yet Its a 150miles away and will need to be trailered
dale