Updated pictures of my beater...
The old Yota is undergoing another slow, painful transformation. These pictures don't show much, but rest assured there have been some changes
1. Front axle fully serviced including seal replacement, wheel bearing pack, birfield pack, swap to the larger 4 piston IFS calipers, new pads, FJ-40 rotors turned, new studs, yada yada yada.
2. New axle bearing on one shaft (16 tons of pressure to remove it!), new shaft on the other side (bent), seals, gear lube, new third member (munched side and pinion gears), removed drum brakes, installed Sky's caliper brackets, installed 4wd S-10 metric calipers, installed 1990 K1500 light duty rotors after machining the centers out.
3. Ran all new brake lines
4. Installed 1 1/16 inch bore master cylinder from 1995 T-100 1-ton 2wd V-6 truck.
5. Mounted up new 36x12.50x15 Super Swamper SX's on steelies with more backspacing than before...the old wheels wouldn't clear the new rear brakes...
6. Removed the 22re, W56 tranny, and R1FA t-case
The rest of the equation is slowly coming together. I will do a thread on the Megasquirt because I'm sure someone else out there would consider doing it on their bus.