Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2016, 01:48 AM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Chassis: e450 super duty
Engine: 7.3l ford powerstroke
The motorcycle accident that got me my bus.

Earlier this year i decided the cheapest & most efficient way to move out on my own & to get out of my dad's house was to buy a vehicle & live out of it, but not before i tried being a full time HitchHiker. Ive hitched up and down California for several months, loved it except for the fact i was still relying on everyone else for literally everything food, water, clothes etc..I hated it, not to mention all the guys that picked me up for a ride & tried hitting on me holy cow, one day i was sitting in San Fransisco state university with my big backpack charging a phone minding my own buisness in the food court when this random guy just sat across from me and started talking jibberish to me. It turns out he worked for the university and he insisted i went with him to the break room to watch T.V get some soda but not before he gave me a coupon for a free burrito from the food court that was suppose to go to an employee for being good. after finding out he wanted me do extasy with him at his place, i got my stuff & got the F-out of that break room real quick & got my thumb out for the next ride out, that is why i don't hitchhike anymore, and would prefer my own ride
but anyways back on track here.
since i'm am like most of you i am not fond of paying someone else mortgage or wasting money on an apartment for which i will never own, the choice was obvious. Deciding what vehicle to buy was a rough decision. my first choice was going with a chevy astro van to convert it into a full time dweller. Second option was chevy express van which are much longer. The reason behind those two choices was for fuel efficiency & mobility.
After searching for countless hours on youtube on the pros and cons of my options, I'm pretty sure you can guess what i went with, why.? the space it provides is just perfect for my single self. I won't feel cramped and claustrophobic in a short bus compared to a van, plus i work full time now so i can afford it.
My primary means of transportation has been my dual sport.(03Dr650). for the last 2 1/2 years. My plan was to sell my motorcycle for funds towards my new home. but god had other plans, I don't know if you are a believer or not but stuff works in mysterious ways most definitely. It was time to sell my bike i was going to list it around the $2700 mark, until death came knocking on my door.

Luckily i didn't die i only went to the hospital with a broken ankle & a puncture wound, thank god this house had survailence cameras, so with a totaled bike his insurance company almost double my property damage with around $4500, Guess what the bus i want is listed at $4900 and of course i talked it down to $4500 stoked. Now its time to just wait for that second check for medical so i can dump it all In my skoolie.
The one thing that gets me the most out of all this is the fact that not even a few hours later the same day a guy on a motorcycle dies right up the street from were i got hit. (RIP fellow rider) so after everything is all said & done i thank god each day cause i ended up getting exactly what i wanted. Remember ladies and gentlemen everyday can be you last, i most definitely am thankful to be alive today & everyday since, Stay safe Enjoy.!!1

Old 08-09-2016, 06:32 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 98
Coachwork: 1. Corbeil & 2. Thomas
Chassis: 1 ford 1998 e350 4x4 7.3 2 mercedes 2004
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke & MBE906
Wow. You sure were lucky. Ditto on everyday cab be the last.
Later j
joeblack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:08 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Thank you for sharing
Old 08-09-2016, 09:36 AM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 2 elderly children, 1 cat
Happy for your survival. You survived the most common MC crash, the left turn into the bike's path.

Now, enjoy that life!
Old 08-09-2016, 09:44 AM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: Your mom +1
You're lucky, when I got rear ended there were no cameras and the dude just drove off while he stared at me on the ground...
slaughridge85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:50 AM   #6
Bus Crazy

June 27th 1992, my little brother was being drunk and stupid...
Got on a buddy's kz1000, went to one end of town, turned around, came back at 120mph, hit a little Chevy s10 turning left. The first impact didn't kill him, the one that got him was his body flying 85' into a parked car.

It took me a long time to process, since our mother had died on June 11th, and confessed to me & pastor, on her deathbed that she started the fire that killed my stepdad/his dad in 1985... After pastor forgave her for her sins, she died the next morning.

Got a special trip to padded hospital over that one, as I had just started back to work after an April 27th back injury...
They taught me that if my brother did find out that our mom killed his dad, and started drinking & driving recklessly.... There wasn't a damn thing I could do! That was between him and her. But it sure was tough to get over. The nightmares were debilitating!

Sometimes the victims are the survivors that have to put the pieces back together.

Sold my bike July 11th, on his 19th birthday.
Many years later, I met with and apologized to the fireman that had to be taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation... He said they all speculated mom started the fire... But everyone around knew the long history of violence.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:10 AM   #7
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmania View Post
Got on a buddy's kz1000, went to one end of town, turned around, came back at 120mph, hit a little Chevy s10 turning left. The first impact didn't kill him, the one that got him was his body flying 85' into a parked car.

It took me a long time to process, since our mother had died on June 11th, and confessed to me & pastor, on her deathbed that she started the fire that killed my stepdad/his dad in 1985... After pastor forgave her for her sins, she died the next morning.

Got a special trip to padded hospital over that one, as I had just started back to work after an April 27th back injury...
They taught me that if my brother did find out that our mom killed his dad, and started drinking & driving recklessly.... There wasn't a damn thing I could do! That was between him and her. But it sure was tough to get over. The nightmares were debilitating!

Sometimes the victims are the survivors that have to put the pieces back together.

Many years later, I met with and apologized to the fireman that had to be taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation... He said they all speculated mom started the fire... But everyone around knew the long history of violence.
I know how that goes, man.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:27 AM   #8
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Chassis: e450 super duty
Engine: 7.3l ford powerstroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmania View Post

Dam brother sorry to hear about the nasty situation. Its amazing how one world can bring you so much joy yet so much pain and suffering in one day. hope you are doing better these days take care of your self.
Old 08-11-2016, 02:49 PM   #9
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopamine16 View Post
Dam brother sorry to hear about the nasty situation. Its amazing how one world can bring you so much joy yet so much pain and suffering in one day. hope you are doing better these days take care of your self.
30 days in the hospital taught me a lot....
everything's water off a duck's back now!

I no longer sweat the small stuff

therefore... my sig gets me through life