Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2019, 04:00 PM   #41
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
I am so blessed to live in a easygoing community.

I have had two buses and a travel trailer in my yard for quite some time. Nobody (so far) has cared.

I checked with the city and I can park them on the street for up to two weeks at a time as long as they are currently registered.

PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 04:48 PM   #42
Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: International
Chassis: 3800
Engine: T444EIEIO
Rated Cap: 8 window?
Kinda

My brothers & sisters expect this kinda thing from me.

My darling wife surprised me the other day when she said I was lucky to be married to her because not many women would allow a used bus in the back yard.

I smiled.

MIke
mrpincher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 05:11 PM   #43

I'm going to our local zoning office on wednesday to see if the town is going to give me trouble about it. If i get the green light from them I'm bringing it home and putting a 8ft tall stockade fence across the section of the yard its in, her primary complaint was " that she didnt want to see it" soo..🙃
Chickwithabus2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 05:57 PM   #44
Bus Nut

Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
I hope you can bring it home and it's awful nice of you to put up the fence, however, She'll see it anyway because it's at least 11ft. [emoji16]
Old 06-24-2019, 05:58 PM   #45
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Crown, integral. (With 2kW of tiltable solar)
Chassis: Crown Supercoach II (rear engine)
Engine: Detroit 6V92TAC, DDEC 2, Jake brake, Allison HT740
Rated Cap: 37,400 lbs GVWR
I was watching one of Bus Grease Monkey's videos where he mentioned that his HOA had tried to give him a hard time about parking his "RV" in front of his house, to which he responded that it is not an RV per se but instead it's a bus, albeit a converted one that he uses for his mobile bus repair business. End of HOA whining. During the last few days he's been rebuilding its engine while it's parked in front of his house, and so far no noise from the HOA. Way to go, Scott!

John
Iceni John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:09 PM   #46
Bus Crazy

Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpincher View Post
My brothers & sisters expect this kinda thing from me.

My darling wife surprised me the other day when she said I was lucky to be married to her because not many women would allow a used bus in the back yard.

I smiled.

MIke

l've had 2 wives and a few girl friends that told me it was them or the dogs --- l still have my dogs - my present girl friend ( we've been together 5 - 6 years now? ) can get quite moody at some times of the month - a while ago I heard her start to say ' it's me or . . . ., the sentence ended right there and all of a sudden she wasn't mad at me - lol
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:21 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeamiss View Post
I hope you can bring it home and it's awful nice of you to put up the fence, however, She'll see it anyway because it's at least 11ft. [emoji16]
�� crap. Well, she'll only see part of it then . lol
I just dont want to start ww3 with her. she's a family friend whom ive known sincle i was in diapers and she's always been nice to me. The reaction she had when i told her about my bus , was, upsetting. To say the least. I'd never seen her act like that and it really caught me off guard because ,ironically enough she DRIVES A SCHOOL BUS FOR A LIVING. And has for as long as I've known her. My aunt didnt even have that kind of reaction when i told her, my dad was super supportive and told me that him and my late grandfather actually did something similar when he was a kid so he was all for it.
Old 06-25-2019, 07:04 AM   #48
Mini-Skoolie

Chassis: 1997 bluebird AAFE cummings 8.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddgracer View Post
l've had 2 wives and a few girl friends that told me it was them or the dogs --- l still have my dogs - my present girl friend ( we've been together 5 - 6 years now? ) can get quite moody at some times of the month - a while ago I heard her start to say ' it's me or . . . ., the sentence ended right there and all of a sudden she wasn't mad at me - lol
what kind of asshole dogs do you have man? LOL JW. coz in my relationships it's always been I'm the prize and my two cute girls are the super amazing cherries on top for the guy who never knew what his life was missing (german shepherds+me)

In terms of me telling people- I don't! I only tell people who already wear tin hats :P
Nothing2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:11 AM   #49
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
The more people I meet,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing2lose View Post
what kind of asshole dogs do you have man? LOL JW. coz in my relationships it's always been I'm the prize and my two cute girls are the super amazing cherries on top for the guy who never knew what his life was missing (german shepherds+me)

In terms of me telling people- I don't! I only tell people who already wear tin hats :P
The better I like my dawgs.
Old 06-25-2019, 07:40 AM   #50
Bus Nut

Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Here's just a thought...
Sweeten it up a little bit... and once you get the fence up, hang pretty flower baskets from decorative cast iron hooks on her side.
I'd even let her pick out which flowers she'd like to have. Let her do whatever she'd like to her side of the fence.
Just throwing out ideas [emoji6]
Old 06-25-2019, 07:52 AM   #51
Bus Crazy

Well, there's the problem!
She's been transporting unruly little heathens since Christ was a corporal, the last thing she wants is to be reminded of her job at home.
Joke her, if she can't take a flock...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickwithabus2019 View Post
...I'd never seen her act like that and it really caught me off guard because ,ironically enough she DRIVES A SCHOOL BUS FOR A LIVING...
Good luck with the township!!! 🤞
Old 06-25-2019, 08:29 AM   #52
Bus Crazy

Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing2lose View Post

the lifestyle that comes with owning sled dogs revolves around sled dogs - race morning, for instance, dogs are first to get the hot water to serve on their breakfast - 4 mushers sharing a condo may have 100 dogs combined - each dog gets about 1 1/2 litres of hot water - for the wives who are not mushers, going without their hot shower before the day begins can be a 'terrible sacrifice' - lol - money needed for a better vehicle is often diverted to buy a better leader - top leaders can cost as much as $10,000 - the record selling price for a leader is $50,000 - I can't afford those kind of prices so I raise and train my own dogs, and that is very time consuming - if every one in a household isn't on board with having sleddogs, it isn't going to work - mushing and dogs are very addictive
Attached Thumbnails
addictive_hq 1.jpg  
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:32 AM   #53
Bus Crazy

I suppose for some people it may be addictive.
Me, I prefer Cream of Wheat over mush...
Old 06-25-2019, 05:46 PM   #54

Neighbor is across the street but i like your idea lol
Old 06-26-2019, 12:57 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatt View Post
Well, there's the problem!
She's been transporting unruly little heathens since Christ was a corporal, the last thing she wants is to be reminded of her job at home.
Joke her, if she can't take a flock...

Good luck with the township!!! ��
Thanks for the good luck wishes im on my way to the local zoning office now.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:47 PM   #56
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
Probably too late for this comment, but make sure you get in the conversation that you're not doing this as a business, it's strictly for your own use/pleasure.
Good luck, if not too late...
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 03:44 PM   #57

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickwithabus2019 View Post
Thanks for the good luck wishes im on my way to the local zoning office now.
So after going to the zoning office twice and getting nowhere because the zoning officer is out sick and the guy selling the bus wanting his money I'm starting to get discouraged. i dont want a janky trailer or to have to drive (or fly) to the asscrack of nowhere to get another bus ,but I'm getting the feeling that fate (and everything else) is conspiring against me and that some POS travel trailer will be my only option or just giving up on my skoolie dreams entirely . I drive a jeep so finding a trailer with the features I want within my tow limit(and my budget) is damn near impossible and believe me I've looked. I'm looking at other options but I'm not getting my hopes up at this point.
Old 06-27-2019, 03:55 PM   #58
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
^...Sometimes, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission!
If the penalties are not too harsh, just say screw it and go for it! They'll likely give you a couple of warnings before taking any action anyhow, and that might buy you enough time to get er done!?
Good luck whatever route you take...
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote