Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2006, 06:24 PM   #1

Trying to find a classic bus to rent or borrow for...

Hello there,

I seeking someone out there that would be willing to rent or let us borrow their converted bus for a short film we are shooting in Los Angeles. In high school I was a proud owner of a 1957 Chevy school bus that we converted into an amazing RV. I'm now in the entertainment business and want to shoot a short film about 4 high school students that take their RV to the lake for the night. It would be used only for a couple of days and would be VERY WELL taken care of. I know how much my bus meant to me and would do my very best to treat it with the utmost respect. If you or anyone you know would be willing to help me out, please email me at mailto:benscantlin@hotmail.com. We would like to shoot by the end of June if at all possible. Thank you so much! Best wishes, Ben.

scantalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:43 PM   #2
Bus Nut

I want my bus to be famous but I live in Michigan, too far (expensive for me) to drive to California.

How converted of a bus are you guys looking for?

Either way, when the film is done, I'm sure a lot of us on this site would like to see a movie with a skoolie in it, keep us posted.

Good luck
Old 06-05-2006, 07:13 PM   #3

Thank you.

Thanks for the offer. Yeah Michigan might be a little too far, but I will for sure post the short film online and send everyone the link. I'm actually shopping it to major studies to make into a feature after we've completed the short. I'll keep you posted. Thank you again for your response.
scantalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:10 PM   #4
Bus Geek

I'm crazy enough to drive my bus to cali for such an adventure, but i'm not sure if your budget could afford to pay for the fuel. I'm also from michigan. It's only 2,500 miles from here to LA. My bus isn't really that old though, it's a 1991....and it has a full size jacuzzi inside. Not sure how that would fit into the script....
Old 06-05-2006, 09:27 PM   #5
Bus Nut

I could follow Jason and you could use both busses... the flames painted on his bus and the water on mine contrast each other nicely we’re told....

ehh?