Old 11-03-2004, 11:15 AM   #11
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77
They keep insects out of my garage.

I also have 2 mouse repellers. One is a tiny black shorthair maned Vierna, one is a 30lb Maine Coon named Maya.

And the big one (Maya) is on my l;ap sleeping.
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 11:40 AM   #12
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve
I thought about getting a bus cat to take care of the problem but I would always have to be out there vaccuuming up cat hair.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:30 PM   #13
Mini-Skoolie

Get a himalayan, They are long hair but the hair grows in such a way that they only shed when you brush them (which you must do twice a week) My frey doesn't shed a bit outside the brush.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:31 AM   #14
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77
I brush Maya about once a week in the winter, twice that often in summer, and about every other day in the spring. Every time, I have enough hair for three more cats.
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 12:14 AM   #15
Skoolie

Send a message via ICQ to Firearm Send a message via AIM to Firearm
I have heard that dryer sheets like Bounce work to keep rodents out. I have friends who swear by them and load their cars with them before putting them in winter storage. Anyone else hear of this? If nothing else, your vehicle will smell springtime fresh
Firearm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 12:36 PM   #16
Almost There

I use Bounce sheets , works great . I never have had any rodent damage to any of my vehicles since I started using them. I used them in my 28' 5th wheel camping trailer that sat a lot ( was a pain to use for quick getaways ). I have 14 vehicles right now including my 2 1988 IH/Bluebirds, and all of them contain the bounce sheets. In the spring you don't even need to get too serious about finding the old ones, they smell good and keep the vehicles from getting that "old vehicle " smell.
Old 11-06-2004, 03:25 PM   #17
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve
Why do those things work, i would think the mice would use them to make a nice comfy bed!
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 12:43 AM   #18
Almost There

Since ya asked....... I dunno for sure, so to find the answer I went to a search engine and found a bunch of other uses and information, have a look around and you'll find stuff like

"I was forwarded an e-mail this morning that announced bounce laundry sheets (anti static) were being used by the US postal service as a repellant for yellow jackets and bees. They are carrying them in their pockets. It also said that bounce repels ants and mosquitos. This was a timely e-mail as this week the first confirmed case of West Nile disease was found in a dead crow in our area"
"I performed an experiment. Yesterday I had lifted a pot and found a huge gathering of ants beneath it. This morning I took a bounce dryer sheet and once again lifted the pot. I put the dryer sheet down and within 10 minutes there wasn't an ant in sight.
I'm thinking if bounce laundry sheets were placed under the four feet of a bed and in the creases of furniture it might work better than dusting DE in the house. It wouldn't hurt experimenting to see if those suffering from animal or bird mites get relief from placing bounce dryer sheets in strategic locations in the house. Call it a group experiment. It also wouldn't hurt to use bounce in the dryer and see if besides the anti-static/wrinkle benefits it provides repellant action. Rubbing clothes down with a sheet before going outside might be a good idea. No one in our family has ever had a skin reaction to bounce, but Borax has caused severe skin reactions. "

I'm still not sure what it is , but the stuff is nearly as usefull as WD 40 it seems !