Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionsComfortBus View Post
First the sad news.

My father passed away last week Thursday afternoon. I have taken care of all the arrangements and am simply waiting on the judge to sign the death certificate. He will be interned at Fort Sam with his wife (my Mom) who passed 3 years prior. I'm trying to stay busy and not dwell on it, At least not until I have found a job. I will most likely have to give up the car. (2015 Nissan Altima SV) Its a recent acquisition back in Dec of 2018 and the purchase contract is for 5 years. Still have the bus. Trans swap was not done BUT still have all items previously listed to do the swap. Property owner/landlord has given me next month free so that is one expense I wont have to worry about.

Comfort Bus updates.

As previously mentioned I called the shop and had them stop all work. Got lucky and they were just barely tearing into it. Put it back into drive able condition, no charge. Using the bus as my daily driver after car is repo'd will not be fun BUT the car plus insurance is costing me $600 a month. Id rather keep it but realistically not possible. (shrugs) I can always shrink expenses more and save up to have it installed later.

Thanks to all of you in the Skoolie Forum especially Cadillackid, o1marc, EastCoastCB, alpine44, Native, Tango, Dirtdoctor, PNW_Steve, cowlitzcoach, geminusprime, Sleddgracer, Hazmat and Rivetboy. All of you made this a warm, family type experience . . . without the fights, mass alcohol abuse and police every weekend.

Not looking for sympathy, Simply dropping a line or two so you will understand when I dont respond or post as often as I used to.
awe, man that sucks to hear. My condolences on the loss of your dad.
Hang in there!!
Old 08-13-2019, 09:38 PM   #122
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Condolences
o1marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 12:11 AM   #123
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
It will take time, but I am confident you will pull through and all will feel mormal again. We'll always be here for you!
Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 06:33 AM   #124
Bus Crazy

Chassis: still looking for my bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionsComfortBus View Post
First the sad news.

My father passed away last week Thursday afternoon. I have taken care of all the arrangements and am simply waiting on the judge to sign the death certificate. He will be interned at Fort Sam with his wife (my Mom) who passed 3 years prior. I'm trying to stay busy and not dwell on it, At least not until I have found a job. I will most likely have to give up the car. (2015 Nissan Altima SV) Its a recent acquisition back in Dec of 2018 and the purchase contract is for 5 years. Still have the bus. Trans swap was not done BUT still have all items previously listed to do the swap. Property owner/landlord has given me next month free so that is one expense I wont have to worry about.

Comfort Bus updates.

As previously mentioned I called the shop and had them stop all work. Got lucky and they were just barely tearing into it. Put it back into drive able condition, no charge. Using the bus as my daily driver after car is repo'd will not be fun BUT the car plus insurance is costing me $600 a month. Id rather keep it but realistically not possible. (shrugs) I can always shrink expenses more and save up to have it installed later.

Thanks to all of you in the Skoolie Forum especially Cadillackid, o1marc, EastCoastCB, alpine44, Native, Tango, Dirtdoctor, PNW_Steve, cowlitzcoach, geminusprime, Sleddgracer, Hazmat and Rivetboy. All of you made this a warm, family type experience . . . without the fights, mass alcohol abuse and police every weekend.

Not looking for sympathy, Simply dropping a line or two so you will understand when I dont respond or post as often as I used to.
hey man, don't really know what to say, other than keep your head up and keep your goals in mind - been through some very rough times myself and that worked for me - wish you the best of luck - I imagine we'll see more of you here on the forum
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 08:22 PM   #125
Skoolie

Coachwork: American Cargo 14'L x 7'8"W x 7'H Box
Chassis: Ford E350 Cutaway
Engine: 7.3L Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 11500 lbs
Condolences.

Allow yourself to mourn and to show your grief. Trying to hold it all inside just makes it harder on you and the tension that creates taxes your relationships with others. Don't ask me how I know.
alpine44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:11 PM   #126
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine44 View Post
Condolences.

Allow yourself to mourn and to show your grief. Trying to hold it all inside just makes it harder on you and the tension that creates taxes your relationships with others. Don't ask me how I know.
This is some sage advice. Don't ask me how I know.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:55 PM   #127
Skoolie

Year: 1993
Coachwork: International - AmTran
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DTA 360
Rated Cap: 25,500 lbs
Thanks to all of you.

Yes it is sage advice.