Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2019, 09:28 AM   #1

Upstate NY Storage

Hi y'all, I'm brand new to the community and haven't purchased a bus yet. Before I decide to make the purchase I wanna make sure I have a place to store it and work on it. I'm currently living in the Upstate NY area, saratoga county and wonder if anyone here knows of a place that would allow me to store the bus. I called up one Storage place and they told me they wouldn't allow me to store my bus over there even though I've seen them storing class A trailers. I respect their decision but wondering what other areas might allow it. I currently live in an apartment complex so storing it where I live won't be an option.

GreenGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 10:23 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGanon View Post
Hi y'all, I'm brand new to the community and haven't purchased a bus yet. Before I decide to make the purchase I wanna make sure I have a place to store it and work on it. I'm currently living in the Upstate NY area, saratoga county and wonder if anyone here knows of a place that would allow me to store the bus. I called up one Storage place and they told me they wouldn't allow me to store my bus over there even though I've seen them storing class A trailers. I respect their decision but wondering what other areas might allow it. I currently live in an apartment complex so storing it where I live won't be an option.
Call up every storage place or u-haul rental place in your vicinity. Check Craigslist and post your own ad looking for a spot. Drive around looking for auto or truck repair shops that have a lot of trailers and such parked around. If you talk to somebody, you can be sort of vague about what the work of modifying a bus actually entails.

Setting up a generator is pretty easy and cheap, so you don't really need to find a place with power (although it doesn't hurt to have it available). A source of water and proper drainage would be a lot better but also a lot harder to find.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:52 PM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Blueburd
Chassis: International S1800
Engine: 9.0L International Diesel NA
im in rochester. While I dont have a storage space for you. I invite you to come take a look at our rig and tools to get a better sense of the scope of a project like this. We've got a couch you can crash on, beers will be drank and bus work will be done!

We can give you a lot of bus info....

This is us..... https://www.instagram.com/5speedhouse/?hl=en

Lert me know
Rochey6957 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york, storage