Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2015, 03:56 PM   #21
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Eldorado Aerotech 24'
Chassis: Ford E-450 Cutaway Bus
Engine: 7.3L Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 19
I like your "sheep dog" thing. The wolves tell us what we want to hear and the sheeple don't think very hard about what's going on. We need way more sheep dogs.

roach711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 04:02 PM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
I got banner ads for generators from Sam's Club. I've been looking at generators there.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:01 PM   #23
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Breeze View Post
Well Nat_ster, we'll find out soon enough if burning your poop is illegal or not. Let us know if you get a knock on the door from the department of health.

Ever since I commented on this thread I've been bombarded with "dumpster" advertisements all over my pages here. It's either that or Lornas post on the dumpster locations here in Gainesville.

Don't know...but something triggered this as I have not done a search lately on dumpsters so the only thing I can figure is

"BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING US"

You have spyware on your computer.

I have been living here since September of 2014. I'm not worried at all.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:08 PM   #24
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach711 View Post
I like your "sheep dog" thing. The wolves tell us what we want to hear and the sheeple don't think very hard about what's going on. We need way more sheep dogs.
This is getting way off topic.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:47 PM   #25
Bus Crazy

Agreed. My bad.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:53 PM   #26
Bus Crazy

Chassis: Blue Bird
Engine: ISC 8.3
Ummm. What were we talking about before? While camping with a friend last summer I learned that he uses a pop-up laundry hamper as his garbage container (with a liner sack, of course). Nice for camping, maybe not so much for full-time.

In my bus at present, which isn't full-time, we use a small laundry detergent bucket for the trash. It holds a regular plastic grocery sack nicely, has a lid we can use if necessary, and happened to be on hand in the shop as we prepared to depart on a trip two years ago..

For full-timing, especially if finding an appropriate place to drop the garbage is a hassle, maybe it's worth allocating some space to a trash compactor appliance. That at least might reduce the frequency of the hassle.
family wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:36 AM   #27
Mini-Skoolie

Please do a coal tutorial nat, I'm not even sure where one would get coal (pick it up off the train tracks??) but I'm interested in using it to supplement my firewood if it's safe. I also like the idea of having a coal scuttle. Any excuse for a scuttle.

I've often wondered what the environmental implications of burning vs. everything else we do with waste are. It's gotta go somewhere... especially in a heavily forested place I would imagine that burning is a smaller footprint, but I'm no expert.
marigold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:49 AM   #28
Bus Geek

Like I said, Marigold, we burn our trash here. Its so much better than burying it for the next generation to deal with, and it provides electricity. The emissions are very low. Lower than a dozen cars running all day.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:43 AM   #29
Site Team

Year: 1988
Coachwork: ward
Chassis: international
Engine: dt360a
Rated Cap: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_ster View Post
There are three kinds of people in this world. The sheeple, the wolves, and the sheep dog.
The sheeple don't think for themselves. They only read direction, and do as they are told. They feel this removes them from any accountability in their actions.
The wolf is often the one making the rules and writing the directions. They bend and change the rules for their own personal gain, stepping on the throats of anyone to gain wealth.
The sheep dog is a rare breed. They think beond the norm, always pushing for more knowledge. After all, knowledge is the only way to protect the sheep from the wolf.

We live in a age of physiological warfare. You have to think beond the norm to make it in this world. If you didn't want to think beond, why are you on a skoolie conversion site?

I know how the waste treatment plants here work, I know nothing of where you live.

Nat
that sums it up pretty well. the democrats have created sheeple for the vote. in this country, there are few that can think for themselves, much less think outside the box.

since there are so many of these sheeple, why not use a few of em? after all, we paid for em! they are nothing but slaves funded with tax dollars.

that said. one way i will use them is for turd disposal. simply put turds in a retail shopping bag, tie knot in bag. place bag in shopping cart or leave in parking lot beside a new GM or Nissan vehicle. sheeple will see bag, think it is something free!!!!!!!!! when they get it home or inside their vehicle and tear open, they are the proud owners of my ****.
claydbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:56 AM   #30
Bus Geek

That isn't being a very good neighbor.
Thats jailhouse behavior man. Leaving feces lying in public places is wrong on so many levels. Kids know better than that.
Maybe this kind of behavior is why lots of parks and other places don't allow school bus conversions... It certainly doesn't help things in any way.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:23 AM   #31
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
That isn't being a very good neighbor.
Thats jailhouse behavior man. Leaving feces lying in public places is wrong on so many levels. Kids know better than that.
Maybe this kind of behavior is why lots of parks and other places don't allow school bus conversions... It certainly doesn't help things in any way.
well, i guess tongue in cheek doesnt work too well across the net, but if you ever get into any hood in any city, you will see that public sanitation is not a concern.

only a fool would leave a sack full of dna in a public place...........................

watch out where the huskys go, dont you eat the yellow snow.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:51 AM   #32
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by claydbal View Post
well, i guess tongue in cheek doesnt work too well across the net, but if you ever get into any hood in any city, you will see that public sanitation is not a concern.

only a fool would leave a sack full of dna in a public place...........................

watch out where the huskys go, dont you eat the yellow snow.
I my sarcasm meter didn't go off. It's usually pretty good!
I was puzzled as you hadn't struck me as a sociopath!
Old 02-25-2015, 08:03 AM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
I my sarcasm meter didn't go off. It's usually pretty good!
I was puzzled as you hadn't struck me as a sociopath!
no, but i am nuts!!!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2015, 11:35 AM   #34
Bus Crazy

Our family campsite has had an outhouse for the last several years but in the beginning my BIL had cesspits beside both of their permanent trailers. He just dug a fair sized pit, ran some PVC pipe between the RV toilets and the pits and put a plywood cover over the pits. We never noticed a whiff of smell over several years, but then again we weren't full timing either. We take home our recyclables and burn the rest of the trash in the campfire.

While boondocking I would have no problem carefully burying a week's worth of #1 and #2 in a pit off the trail.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:00 PM   #35
Bus Geek

Okeey Dokeey

let's keep this on the tracks and out of the ditch line

We need to not muddle up usable threads with side tracking and political stuff, that's best left for the "everything else" area

This may get cleaned up in the future...

I have removed offensive references to political parties in this thread, it was not relevant or helpful for it to be here

continue on, and I burned coal for a couple years, it was more efficient at keeping a hot fire going all night

And I used dried cow patties for "wood" in AZ w/Boy scouts...we did not cook on it
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:04 PM   #36
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Thanks for looking after things Bansil.

Ahh, I love where this thread is going. Too bad there are always a few cry baby's.

The sheep dog thing was a line from the movie "American Sniper".

I did add my own wording.

I need to take some pics of my stove, bag of coal, ect. Then I will start a thread related to the use of coal as a heat source, and using it to safely incinerate human waste.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:55 PM   #37
Mini-Skoolie

In India cow patties are used for fuel too, you can see them plastered on the sides of huts until they dry and fall off in little puck shaped rounds. I was joking with a friend that this could be my solution for #2, just slap it on the side of my van to dry in the sun... ha.

If I ate entirely grass and had two stomachs I could probably pull it off!
marigold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:48 PM   #38
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigold View Post
In India cow patties are used for fuel too, you can see them plastered on the sides of huts until they dry and fall off in little puck shaped rounds. I was joking with a friend that this could be my solution for #2, just slap it on the side of my van to dry in the sun... ha.

If I ate entirely grass and had two stomachs I could probably pull it off!
That puts a new spin on chia pet
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:20 AM   #39
Site Team

wondering if one could run waste through a mecerator pump and then through hot exhaust? think holding tank wrapped around headpipe that would dry waste and then be dumped.

???????????????
Old 02-26-2015, 07:29 AM   #40
Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: Genesis
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 84
This has been done before, but I cannot seem to find links. I also never learned why it was discontinued.
Timelord is offline   Reply With Quote