Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2009, 07:04 PM   #1
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Re: Went Metal Detecting Today

Wanna be a pal and go out and find me a SRW Dana 60 from a Chevy...say 4.56 gears and a trak-lok (ok...open carrier is fine too). Heck, maybe you could even find the matching 14bff rear axle with a detroit locker. You know...if you're ever out metal detecting around a military scrapyard.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:01 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1965
Coachwork: thomas
Chassis: chevy
Engine: 350

nice find smitty you must be good especially if it was walking hows that knee doing? timbuk
timbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
Almost There

Year: 92
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72

looks like 1937 to me, though I don't know enough about them to know if thats possible, a friend of mine had both his knees replaced about 4 yrs ago, after the surgery while he was working on his recovery he said he was glad he had opted to do them both at the the same time, because if he'd only done one he would never have gone back for the 2nd, he felt the problems he had before the replacement did not justify the pain he went through from the operation
bbbrt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:53 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

smitty i have been basshing the tin for 20 years now and still going i ran a sheet metal shop for a roofing company for 10+ years until 2 years ago when the boss pissed me off and i quit.went to work for a blowpipe shop for a year or so until the sawmills started shutting down,now working for a vent shop my knees were falling of me and my back was sore all the time until i left the roofing shop.Now i make fittings fron 24-26 guage and stand and work not work on a roof on my knees hanging over the edge,have energy when i get home and cut my drinkin in half! thats how i bought the bus! i enjoy the trade way more now that flashing and cladding jobs are few and far between we used to do big shutdowns in the paper mills and make huge bucks but they are also winding down now its just 40 hours a week and i love it! now i have to go and work on my knees on my bus.... timbuk
Old 03-27-2009, 07:45 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

yes that redential work such as crawlspace and attics sucks i try to stay away from resi unless it has a basement doing lots of comercial right now-got a huge new mall to do -and a huge bus to get rolling this summer but good point for the young guys smitty nowadays im able to pick and choose,SO FAR. hey, im having drinks right now! timbuk